Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO B.C. Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

LCBO B.C. Brewery Feature

Post by GregClow »

The following beers have been confirmed to be part of the LCBO B.C. Brewery Feature:

LCBO# / Product name / Size / Retail Price
405367 / Tree Mellow Moon Pineapple Hefeweizen / 650 / $5.50
405376 / Tree Hophead Double IPA / 650 / $6.25
406604 / Parallel 49 Snap Crackle Hop Imperial Rice IPA / 650 / $5.95
406610 / Parallel 49 Black Hops Cascadian Dark Lager / 650 / $5.25
408194 / Phillips Double Amnesiac IPA / 650 / $5.95
408226 / Phillips Hoperation Triple Cross Belgian IPA / 650 / $5.95

Planned release date is week of May 25th, although as always, some beers may arrive earlier or later.
Last edited by GregClow on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

now THIS feature looks good

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I like the looks of this. The only one i've tried is the Tree DIPA. The pineapple hefe sounds interesting. The price point on these seem pretty good also.

Eli

Post by Eli »

Hasn't the Tree DIPA been available through the LCBO for the last couple of summers? Not that I mind though I remember liking it and also like how this release sounds.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Aside from the Founders feature, this is the most interesting feature in a while...

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

This release isn't my bag, but I don't know what else to expect from a BC release based on the breweries that have the capacity to distribute to Ontario. Tree hasn't produced anything I've really enjoyed in years. Phillips can make some nice stuff, but I just can't get passed their house character, which rubs my senses the wrong way. Parallel 49 makes some really nice stuff, but Black Hops is pretty ho-hum. Haven't had the Snap Crackle Etc. so it's probably the one I'm most interested in.

Overall though, this feature is definitely a step in the right direction and I hope it opens the door for more BC brews.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

boney wrote:This release isn't my bag, but I don't know what else to expect from a BC release based on the breweries that have the capacity to distribute to Ontario. Tree hasn't produced anything I've really enjoyed in years. Phillips can make some nice stuff, but I just can't get passed their house character, which rubs my senses the wrong way. Parallel 49 makes some really nice stuff, but Black Hops is pretty ho-hum. Haven't had the Snap Crackle Etc. so it's probably the one I'm most interested in.

Overall though, this feature is definitely a step in the right direction and I hope it opens the door for more BC brews.
I agree with all of this. I'm also interested in the hefe, just because I haven't had it before.

For whatever reason, I just don't get that excited by IPAs from the West coast unless they're total whales. The summer release is a lot more interesting to me, but to each their own.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

That's a fairly decent, hop-biased selection from BC.

I really like the Pineapple Hefe, great summer brew... and only $10 for a Brauler fill for me!

I've always liked their DIPA, but unfortunately the last batch was just boozy & lacking hops. I bought a couple 6 packs and I seem to be having trouble getting through it. The heat is beginning to settle down, but so are the hops.

Other Tree news... Stefan has left and they have a new brewmaster, so it'll be interesting to see how they progress. I'm really looking forward to their new tap room:
http://www.treebeer.com/beer-institute

P49 does some great stuff, those 2 are quite good.

Phillips Amnesiac was only $4.95 when I moved here almost 4 years ago. I drank quite bit of it before Driftwood made their Fat Tug. The Fat Tug has more hops and bitterness, and it's a bit easier on the liver... That Amnesiac is seriously drinkable though!

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Phillips posted on their FB page that another of their brews will also be added to this release. My guess is that it will be their Electric Unicorn White IPA.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Looking forward to all of these except the Amnesiac, which is mediocre to me. Great to see more B.C. craft beer coming to the 'BO.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I look forward to trying a number of these. The Parallel 49 stuff a friend sent me last year weren't bad, but I would class them similar to Beau's. Hoperation and Mellow Moon have me most intrigued.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

I couldnt agree with you more re Parallel 49. Everything ive tried from them is mediocre at best.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

So the week it was supposed to drop and even head office has no idea what im talking about.

Eli

Post by Eli »

Phillips Belgian IPA and Hophead DIPA spotted today at King and Spadina in Toronto.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Eli wrote:Phillips Belgian IPA and Hophead DIPA spotted today at King and Spadina in Toronto.
Was walking around yesterday and didn't spot any at the locations I stopped in at....there are a few tasty brews I've never had on this release, with the Belgian IPA being top of my list.