Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Best beer to ever appear at the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Kekumba wrote:Flew off the shelves once people figured out what stores had it. Also the quickest I've ever seen a listing be taken down from the LCBO site. I'm gonna guess they took a lot of calls regarding it...

And to think, dumb ass Americans on BA still think it's on our shelves...
Yeah and we have Cantillon and bourbon barrel aged péché mortel at the Bell Center, but still, aint gonna pay 5$ to drink out of a plastic cup :)

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I always get a kick out of the Americans posting stuff like "I'm going to Ontario next month, where's the best spot to pick up some bottles of Cantillon?"

MaltyTasker

Post by MaltyTasker »

When was this fabled Armand & Tommy release?

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

MaltyTasker wrote:When was this fabled Armand & Tommy release?
I believe it hit the LCBO toward the end of May last year.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Ceecee wrote:
Yeah, mid- to late-May last year.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Ceecee wrote:
Yup! It was actually near the 30-31st of May last year. I think it first started showing stock on June 1st. I remember it clearly because I was in Montreal for Mondial and had to get someone in Toronto to pick some up for me. Somehow, it didn't sell out immediately, though.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

icemachine wrote:Utopias
3F A&T
Westvleteren
Orval
Thomas Hardy's
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout
St. Bernardus Gift pack (2006 I think, was a hell of a deal and I had no idea at the time)
St. Bernie five-pack 2005, I bought at least 12 of those from 4 different stores. Same release we got Westmalle Tripel and Rochefort 8.

Actually Westmalle Dubbel is absolutely one of the best. Agree about Backwoods Bastard too.

Best Lager: Samichlaus. And rarity aside, few beers measure up to Orval.

Have plenty of Thomas Hardy's lurking downstairs, this is not a beer in a hurry. I wonder if someone will ever make it again since it's so laborious and time-consuming brewers weren't making enough money on it.
In Beerum Veritas