Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn 2014 Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

We must all commit to complain to the lcbo via whatever feedback mechanism they have online... Unless they know it won't change.

Our usage of the site was probably overlooked in their redesign (go figure)... They didn't account for people trying to try bypass their slow roll out of new product

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Droogy wrote:We must all commit to complain to the lcbo via whatever feedback mechanism they have online... Unless they know it won't change.
This has been discussed quite a bit in the "General" LCBO thread, and in an LCBO.com thread that someone later started.

It is a total mess. Some of us have complained, but you are right, we all need to complain....and keep on doing it.

billverstein

Post by billverstein »

Anyone seen the HR Fred pop up in stores yet?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

"Planned release date for the beers is week of September 14th"

looking froward to November 14th when these beers arrive in Ottawa! :roll:

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Droogy wrote:We must all commit to complain to the lcbo via whatever feedback mechanism they have online... Unless they know it won't change.

Our usage of the site was probably overlooked in their redesign (go figure)... They didn't account for people trying to try bypass their slow roll out of new product
Just use drinkvine. It will solve any problem you have. Drinkvine is even more useful than the lcbo website before the redesign.

4ster

Post by 4ster »

Blasphomet wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way to just search 'all stores' on the new website? I hate having to look up postal codes of LCBOs that I'd be willing to go to just to see if they have the beer. Sometimes things are best the way they are, and I fucking hate the new LCBO website.

Also, the 'find similar' function couldn't be more useless. Seriously, what a piece of shit website. That is not user friendly in the least... it's the enemy of the user... unless I'm just using it wrong or something.
I concur, the new website sucks balls, and not in a good way..... add that to Google Maps also now sucking among other things that worked just fine.... and i'm just about ready to give up on the internet.... this is what happens when you keep hiring bored 18 year old kids to run your online presence.... (though on that note, I do enjoy all of the corporate twitter fails)

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this is showing stock now

AMAGER BRYGHUS EXTRA STRONG IMPERIAL STOUT
LCBO 376434 | 500 mL bottle
Price: $ 7.20

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

spinrsx wrote:this is showing stock now

AMAGER BRYGHUS EXTRA STRONG IMPERIAL STOUT
LCBO 376434 | 500 mL bottle
Price: $ 7.20
I want this, despite the ABV being punishing. I see it got reviewed in the magazine they call NOW, along with Mikkeller Black and Wellington RIS (the Welly wasn't even a useful review, but worthy mention.)
In Beerum Veritas

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Wow. I've been using that new Lickbo website to find 2 beers: Pumking and Funnel Blower. FB was listed at 1 store (Spadina) and Pumking-NOWHERE. Tried the "food and drink" link and voila, they're both everywhere. What piece of shit is that new website.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Malcolm wrote:Wow. I've been using that new Lickbo website to find 2 beers: Pumking and Funnel Blower. FB was listed at 1 store (Spadina) and Pumking-NOWHERE. Tried the "food and drink" link and voila, they're both everywhere. What piece of shit is that new website.
Send a complaint with your details to the LCBO. The more the better.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Obligatory "use drinkvine.com because it's like the food & Drink website for stock but remembers the beers your looking for and the stores you use" post.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

groulxsome wrote:Obligatory "use drinkvine.com because it's like the food & Drink website for stock but remembers the beers your looking for and the stores you use" post.
+1 haven't visited the LCBO website to look for beer in more than a year...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

ercousin wrote:
groulxsome wrote:Obligatory "use drinkvine.com because it's like the food & Drink website for stock but remembers the beers your looking for and the stores you use" post.
I finally got on drinkvine. I like it! It's unacceptable how weak the LC web services seem to be, when all they have to do is inform a captive market where, what and how much... pathetic, but they get all your business anyway so who cares I guess.
In Beerum Veritas

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Belgian wrote:
ercousin wrote:
I finally got on drinkvine. I like it! It's unacceptable how weak the LC web services seem to be, when all they have to do is inform a captive market where, what and how much... pathetic, but they get all your business anyway so who cares I guess.
We're always looking to improve the experience! I agree it's silly the LCBO isn't as proactive, but it leaves room for niches like drinkvine, so that's nice. A kinda black market of their own stock listings? Anyway, always happy for feedback! Unlike the LCBO the drinkvine updates are pretty transparently done!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I can't express how awesome drinkvine is. I haven't been on LCBO website for years except for a few small instances where I'm showing a code to a LCBO employee.