Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Hallowe'en 2014 Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

LCBO Hallowe'en 2014 Beer Release

Post by GregClow »

The following beers have been confirmed to be part of the LCBO Hallowe'en 2014 Beer Release.

LCBO# / Product name / Size ml / Retail
334854 / Shepherd Neame Spooks Ale / 500 / 3.55
90738 / St Ambroise Pumpkin Ale / 4 x 341 / 9.95
376483 / Buxton Jaw Gate American Pale Ale / 500 / 5.45
376558 / Barn Door Brewing Monster Mash Halloween Lager / 750 / 8.95
90373 / Brooklyn Post Road Pumpkin / 355 / 2.50
386987 / Steam Works Pumpkin Ale / 650 / 5.95
376426 / Tree Jumpin Pumpkin Ale / 650 / 5.50
376509 / Samuel Adams Fat Jack / 650 / 6.95
182287 / Southern Tier Pumpking / 650 / 9.15
376541 / Southern Tier Warlock / 650 / 9.25
397661 / Creemore Springs Oktoberfest Lager / 625 / 5.95
376566 / October Fest Beer / 500 / 5.95
84889 / Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier / 500 / 3.10

Planned release date for the beers is week of September 14th, although as always, some beers may arrive earlier or later - or not at all. :wink:

(Note: The LCBO spreadsheet did not give a brewery/brand name for "October Fest Beer", but the supplier is listed as "Provincial Beverages of Canada", which is the parent company of King and Barn Door. So I suspect it will be under one of those brewery names.)
Last edited by GregClow on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Actually nice to see the Creemore Oktoberfest...had it last year in Kitchener and quite liked it.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

GregClow wrote: (Note: The LCBO spreadsheet did not give a brewery/brand name for "October Fest Beer", but the supplier is listed as "Provincial Beverages of Canada", which is the parent company of King and Barn Door. So I suspect it will be under one of those brewery names.)

They are also the agents for Weihenstephaner so there's a chance it'll be their Fest bier.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

.....still with the saturation of pumpkin beers. I get it, it's fall/halloween, but do we really need this many beers of essentially the same-pumpkin style? Although by the looks of it, not as heavy as last year, so that's good I guess.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Warlock! \m/

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

sofakingdrunk wrote:.....still with the saturation of pumpkin beers. I get it, it's fall/halloween, but do we really need this many beers of essentially the same-pumpkin style? Although by the looks of it, not as heavy as last year, so that's good I guess.
Yes. And our two local ones, easily the best IMO -- Great Lakes and Grand River -- are noticeably absent. Personally, I could do without the sweet and cloying St. Ambroise, Pumpking, etc, etc.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

midlife crisis wrote:And our two local ones, easily the best IMO -- Great Lakes and Grand River -- are noticeably absent.
https://twitter.com/GreatLakesBeer/stat ... 6946201602
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

midlife crisis wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:but do we really need this many beers of essentially the same-pumpkin style?
Yes. And our two local ones, easily the best IMO -- Great Lakes and Grand River -- are absent.
As I've said the volume from each producer seems to be somewhat limited, so I bet they all jump in to fill the Beer Lake that is the LCBO's giant captive market.

And I bet the inconsistent Grand River/Great Lakes duo show up anyway, that is not unheard of (before you abandon all hope and switch to Oktoberfests.)
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I'll skip most of the pumpkins, save for ones I've never tried...just not my style.
But nice to see some Oktoberfest brews too!

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

midlife crisis wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:.....still with the saturation of pumpkin beers. I get it, it's fall/halloween, but do we really need this many beers of essentially the same-pumpkin style? Although by the looks of it, not as heavy as last year, so that's good I guess.
Yes. And our two local ones, easily the best IMO -- Great Lakes and Grand River -- are noticeably absent. Personally, I could do without the sweet and cloying St. Ambroise, Pumpking, etc, etc.
I must admit, i did enjoy the Saison Du Pump last year. Never tried the Grand River one.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

midlife crisis wrote:

Highballer and GLB pumpkin ale are already on the shelves.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

ChrisK wrote:Highballer and GLB pumpkin ale are already on the shelves.
Black Creek also.
In Beerum Veritas

Eli

Post by Eli »

The Hofbrau Oktoberfestbier also on the shelves now.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Bought a Grand River Highballer yesterday and really enjoyed it. Nice pumpkin flavour, with less of the heavy-handed spicing.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

this one is listed now and showing stock

MONSTER MASH
Canada | Barn Door Brewing
LCBO 376558 | 750 mL | $ 8.95

pumking showing stock too