Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Mikkeller Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

El Pinguino wrote:Saw Black at each of the LCBO stores I've recently been in in Toronto and Oakville...I guess there was more than enough to go around!
mmm burnt-styrofoam overtones...
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

One persons burnt Styrofoam is another person's magic marker 8)
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

sofakingdrunk wrote:
Belgian wrote:Well, at Queen and Coxwell LCBO there's a big display of Mikkeller beers sitting like a boat anchor. Nobody.… is... buying it. That should've been on discount weeks ago IMO. it's not getting any younger.
Same story in the two Guelph stores that have it. Lots of stock of everything,besides the black.
Picked up some Mikkeller beers in Guelph last Novemberish. Recently back in the same LCBO (Speedvale) for the first time since then I was surprised to see most of them still on the shelves, though now on sale. The Cream Ale was 3.60, k:rlek 3.75.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Philip1 wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:
Belgian wrote:Well, at Queen and Coxwell LCBO there's a big display of Mikkeller beers sitting like a boat anchor. Nobody.… is... buying it. That should've been on discount weeks ago IMO. it's not getting any younger.
Same story in the two Guelph stores that have it. Lots of stock of everything,besides the black.
Picked up some Mikkeller beers in Guelph last Novemberish. Recently back in the same LCBO (Speedvale) for the first time since then I was surprised to see most of them still on the shelves, though now on sale. The Cream Ale was 3.60, k:rlek 3.75.
Mmm... 8 month old beer (stored at room temp under fluorescent lights to boot!). If they cut the prices to half that, maybe the alcoholics and university kids would buy it up.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

ErkLR wrote:[Mmm... 8 month old Mikkeller (stored at room temp under fluorescent lights to boot!). If they cut the prices to half that, maybe the alcoholics and university kids would buy it up.
Actually no alcoholics can even shop at the LCBO because their pricing prevents the abuse of alcohol. This assumes that people earning over 100K are never alcoholics, and that non-weathy alcoholics cannot steal beg or borrow just like anyone else with a compelling addiction, and...

hey look - a unicorn!!
In Beerum Veritas