Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Winter Craft Beer Release 2014

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Saw this on twitter the other day - $145 for the big boy (not the first it's been released, although I think first time in Ontario)

Definitely paying for the package and cachet of a Methuselah as you could buy three 6-packs at the beer store for $45.

I love the beer and having one on my bar would would be awesome, but I can't justify that price when my beer budget is so limited
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

icemachine wrote:Saw this on twitter the other day - $145 for the (Fin Du Monde 6-liter.)

Definitely paying for the package and cachet of a Methuselah as you could buy three 6-packs at the beer store for $45.
Sure. Costs wise 3000mls are (unlike 341/750mls) not mass-produced, probably hand-bottled and of course all the custom packaging and shipping cost has to be amortized over a much smaller number units sold.

Advantage wise, this Methuselah will definitely age better and longer than any 341/750ml would, in the end giving the opportunity to present a very unique beer (LFDM at its fullest possible development) in a dramatic way.

Kind of cool for a wedding gift / anniversary party. If the marriage holds up five or ten years, to then see if the beer does, which it ought to. Not a bad memory of pomp & ceremony...
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i'm under the impression that Roch 10 sold out already.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

atomeyes wrote:i'm under the impression that Roch 10 sold out already.
Really?!? That would be disappointing. The beer guy at the flagship store in Oakville told me he ordered it and was waiting for it to come in.

radiopolitic

Post by radiopolitic »

I think something like 25000 bottles came in so I would be surprised if it was all gone.

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

This would be horrible news. I hope that we see more.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

As soon as I heard it was out, I went checking a few locations and only saw the 8...

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

radiopolitic wrote:
I think something like 25000 bottles came in so I would be surprised if it was all gone.
it was available at Summerhill and 1 other store. not sure if it was just stupidly released or what.
But i know that Summerhill sold out within the week. Think the Hwy 7 store was the other one and it sold out a week ago.

not sure if/when more is coming in. that's something you'd have to ask their agent

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Same thing happened last year. A few cases came in first, and then a ton of cases came in a few weeks later.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

so this is listed now:

New Holland Dragons Milk
LCBO#: 397695 | 650 mL bottle
$7.75

winter beers going to come out before the fall ones do. Ottawa is still missing 6-7 beers from the autumn release.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

spinrsx wrote:so this is listed now:

New Holland Dragons Milk
$7.75

winter beers going to come out before the fall ones do. Ottawa is still missing 6-7 beers from the autumn release.
i was mildly excited about the dragon's milk release as it is just a nice, average BA stout for a decent price, but it sucks that we get the bomber size and not the 330ml size like i've seen in the states. i've never even seen dragons milk in bomber size. this will be a pass for me.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Having the Christmas beers come out the same time as the fall beers has really put a dent in my beer budget, and was hoping the winter beers wouldn't arrive until say,... Winter.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Ya, I figured it was only available in bomber format. Then I saw the 4 packs of the 330ml bottles in the states. Oh well, still a BA stout at the lcbo, I'll buy some.

ckoop wrote:
spinrsx wrote:so this is listed now:

New Holland Dragons Milk
$7.75

i was mildly excited about the dragon's milk release as it is just a nice, average BA stout for a decent price, but it sucks that we get the bomber size and not the 330ml size like i've seen in the states. i've never even seen dragons milk in bomber size. this will be a pass for me.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i just went to the Laird store. again, for such a big and new store, i'm shocked as to how it isn't a 1A beer inventory store.
No Roch 10.
1 bottle of St Berny Xmas left (i bought it).
5 cases of St Berny 6-pack left (I bought 4...gifts as well as personal purchases).
2 bottles of Dupont's baller beer (5 or so left on the shelf).

can't wait until the Rodenbach trainwreck hits.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Is there still most of the Rochefort 10 left to hit or was that tiny amount released (and long gone) it?