LCBO Winter Craft Beer Release 2014

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2248
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:54 am

2 more days to meet their re-re-revised 'late december' date!

spinrsx wrote:


it's funny - the lcbo has revised this list from 'mid december' to 'late december' for some beers. They can't even meet their own revised timelines. (And I'm sure it will get revised again to say 'Early January')

atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Postby atomeyes » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:29 pm

i went to the 'BO on Laird.
bought some stuff, including a Sammiclaus.
guy couldn't scan it.
manually searched for the product and selected something that didn't look right to me. i told him and he ignored me.
$2.50 a bottle, he said.
"um..on second thought, i'm going to grab 2 more. thanks."
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Postby JeffPorter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:06 pm

atomeyes wrote:i went to the 'BO on Laird.
bought some stuff, including a Sammiclaus.
guy couldn't scan it.
manually searched for the product and selected something that didn't look right to me. i told him and he ignored me.
$2.50 a bottle, he said.
"um..on second thought, i'm going to grab 2 more. thanks."


Hah! Sounds like me a few years ago grabbing 4 pks of Brooklyn Monster for 3.65 each! Then I grabbed four more packs and bolted out of there like a thief.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2248
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:38 pm

lol, they revised the dates again to january

re-re-re-revised now. http://hellolcbo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2262

spinrsx wrote:2 more days to meet their re-re-revised 'late december' date!

spinrsx wrote:


it's funny - the lcbo has revised this list from 'mid december' to 'late december' for some beers. They can't even meet their own revised timelines. (And I'm sure it will get revised again to say 'Early January')

Lukie
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 am

Postby Lukie » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:54 am

Where the F is Peche? The BO has really perfected the art of anticlimactic availability. To hell with them and their redundant lab!
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby cfrancis » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:09 am

Lukie wrote:Where the F is Peche? The BO has really perfected the art of anticlimactic availability. To hell with them and their redundant lab!


It doesn't have to go through the lab again does it? It's been in the LCBO and approved, I would assume that any subsequent shipments wouldn't need lab testing again. But I am assuming something about the LCBO.
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Postby atomeyes » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:11 pm

cfrancis wrote:
Lukie wrote:Where the F is Peche? The BO has really perfected the art of anticlimactic availability. To hell with them and their redundant lab!


It doesn't have to go through the lab again does it? It's been in the LCBO and approved, I would assume that any subsequent shipments wouldn't need lab testing again. But I am assuming something about the LCBO.


why wouldn't it?
the beer you stand in is not the beer you step in.
biegaman
Bar Fly
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: West Hill

Postby biegaman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:24 pm

cfrancis wrote:It doesn't have to go through the lab again does it? It's been in the LCBO and approved, I would assume that any subsequent shipments wouldn't need lab testing again. But I am assuming something about the LCBO.

Every shipment undergoes lab testing. They usually pull a few bottles at random. If there's anything wrong with those samples they'll deny/destroy the whole shipment.
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby cfrancis » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:36 pm

biegaman wrote:
cfrancis wrote:It doesn't have to go through the lab again does it? It's been in the LCBO and approved, I would assume that any subsequent shipments wouldn't need lab testing again. But I am assuming something about the LCBO.

Every shipment undergoes lab testing. They usually pull a few bottles at random. If there's anything wrong with those samples they'll deny/destroy the whole shipment.


Oh fuck that noise.
biegaman
Bar Fly
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: West Hill

Postby biegaman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:44 pm

cfrancis wrote:
biegaman wrote:
cfrancis wrote:It doesn't have to go through the lab again does it? It's been in the LCBO and approved, I would assume that any subsequent shipments wouldn't need lab testing again. But I am assuming something about the LCBO.

Every shipment undergoes lab testing. They usually pull a few bottles at random. If there's anything wrong with those samples they'll deny/destroy the whole shipment.


Oh fuck that noise.

Eh. You'd be surprised - shipments do show up occasionally with bottles contaminated with cleaning fluids or broken glass particles. It does happen. But, overall, I agree. It's a bit excessive.
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Postby JeffPorter » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:50 pm

biegaman wrote:
cfrancis wrote:It doesn't have to go through the lab again does it? It's been in the LCBO and approved, I would assume that any subsequent shipments wouldn't need lab testing again. But I am assuming something about the LCBO.

Every shipment undergoes lab testing. They usually pull a few bottles at random. If there's anything wrong with those samples they'll deny/destroy the whole shipment.


AND light the brewery on fire
AND shut off the water supply to the surrounding community.
:D
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
sprague11
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 pm
Location: Newmarket, ON

Postby sprague11 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Any sightings of Black Betty asides from Dufferin?
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo
rfrf
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:55 am

Postby rfrf » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:05 pm

King/ Spadina had it over a week ago. not sure now.
vandutchy
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Postby vandutchy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:08 pm

sprague11 wrote:Any sightings of Black Betty asides from Dufferin?


Cooper Street LCBO has it on the shelves as I saw it at lunch. Fair warning though it was brewed/bottled in September and looked to have a fair bit of sediment on the bottom.
Lukie
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 am

Postby Lukie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:35 pm

biegaman wrote:
cfrancis wrote:
biegaman wrote:
cfrancis wrote:It doesn't have to go through the lab again does it? It's been in the LCBO and approved, I would assume that any subsequent shipments wouldn't need lab testing again. But I am assuming something about the LCBO.

Every shipment undergoes lab testing. They usually pull a few bottles at random. If there's anything wrong with those samples they'll deny/destroy the whole shipment.


Oh fuck that noise.

Eh. You'd be surprised - shipments do show up occasionally with bottles contaminated with cleaning fluids or broken glass particles. It does happen. But, overall, I agree. It's a bit excessive.


The entire ritual is pretty absurd.

Hey LCBO, how about a reasonable compromise? If you receive goods from a reputable brewery, by all means pluck a few random bottles and test them to your heart's content, BUT, do not hold up the entire shipment in the mean time, especially if it's from a brewery you have already tested umpteen times in the past. My gosh, daily food staples on our tables aren't scrutinized as closely.
Last edited by Lukie on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests