Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Picaroons

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Rumrunner

Picaroons

Post by Rumrunner »

I have good friends that moved from Toronto to Fredericton, New Brunswick a year ago. They came back for Christmas and happily brought me a holf dozen, Picaroons Yippee IPA (gotta love that name) and a half dozen Winter Warmers.
Great trying beers from other provinces that we can't get here. The Federal government really needs to work on inter-provincial trade regulations.
Anyways, looking forward to trying these on the week-end.
Thanks guys for thinking about me!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

We just picked up a bunch of Picaroons in Fredericton while visiting family. I find sme of their stuff has a bit of a house yeast charactr to it. I enjoyed the WW when I had it though and am looking forward to trying the Yippee.

carguy

Post by carguy »

When I'm home, I usally bring back a bunch of Picaroons stuff, although the last time, a couple bottles were infected. Back in the tread of "what one beer would you like to see at the LCBO", Picaroons Winter Warmer would be the one for me.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I randomly grabbed a few Picaroons as I was passing through Sackville to Nova Scotia and I tried the Yippee, loved it! I would love to see it here. If you go to their web site, they have quite the interesting log book for their batches.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

phirleh wrote:I randomly grabbed a few Picaroons as I was passing through Sackville to Nova Scotia and I tried the Yippee, loved it! I would love to see it here. If you go to their web site, they have quite the interesting log book for their batches.
They also have a nice social networking site that's sort of like a Bar Towel Fredericton edition.

www.picaroonspub.com

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Bobbyok wrote:
phirleh wrote:I randomly grabbed a few Picaroons as I was passing through Sackville to Nova Scotia and I tried the Yippee, loved it! I would love to see it here. If you go to their web site, they have quite the interesting log book for their batches.
They also have a nice social networking site that's sort of like a Bar Towel Fredericton edition.

www.picaroonspub.com
Bobby, I just came across it the other day and it's great. I did a small post on it yesterday: http://greatcanadianpubs.blogspot.com/2 ... s-pub.html

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Pub Style wrote:
Bobbyok wrote:

www.picaroonspub.com
Bobby, I just came across it the other day and it's great. I did a small post on it yesterday: http://greatcanadianpubs.blogspot.com/2 ... s-pub.html
Actually read your post not two minutes after I posted here. I just signed up yesterday, though I had seen it a while back linked from their Facebook group.