Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's new Stout and IPeh

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Surprised to hear some of this. A growler or jug really isn't that hard to go through is it?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Queef

Post by Queef »

Should I feel bad about the fact that I am consuming a growler of Beaver River this evening myself?
I'm gonna try hard to not feel about it. Ahh, there we go, I'm over it, yum.
it's beer o'clock.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Queef wrote:Should I feel bad about the fact that I am consuming a growler of Beaver River this evening myself?
I'm gonna try hard to not feel about it. Ahh, there we go, I'm over it, yum.
A growler isn't really a lot of beer. It is like 4 tall boys. I drink that a few times a week.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

The IPeh was available at the Arrow and Loon (Bank and Fifth) last night.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Oh for Christ's sake. I don't like growlers. Why this might surprise anyone or prompt sarcastic comments is beyond me. I don't drink every night and when I am having a beer at home I don't need 2 litres of it. Put your johnsons away boys.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Bytowner wrote:Oh for Christ's sake. I don't like growlers. Why this might surprise anyone or prompt sarcastic comments is beyond me. I don't drink every night and when I am having a beer at home I don't need 2 litres of it. Put your johnsons away boys.

Nothing sarcastic at all. Just saying it surprises me sometimes, that is all. Different strokes for different folks.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I don't mind growlers. But it's a special day where I throw that in the fridge. With the playoffs on now, I can see myself ripping through a couple on Saturday nights.

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Is anyone in the Ottawa west end going out to Beau's in the near future? I'd love to get a growler or two of the IPEh and have growlers of Publican House Square Nail Pale Ale and Stone Wall Irish Stout that I can offer in exchange. Send me a PM if you are interested and willing.