Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer day in Quebec (Aug 14th)

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Beer day in Quebec (Aug 14th)

Post by iguenard »

Quebec celebrates it's brewing scene once a year, usually this time of year.

Although only in its second year, it is shaping up to be quite the event again this year.

For our Eastern-ontarians, beer specials all along the day at Autre Oeil, and THREE oak aged beers on tap at the BDT (Brasseurs du temps); the imperial chocolate stout, the barleywine, and (a first!) the scotch ale.

If you like bog beers, this will surely show you that Dieu du Ciel! arent the only ones in the province able to step up with the best of them.

Cheers! Hope you can make it!

notdan

Post by notdan »

Damn! I definitely would have been over at BdT but I'll be down near Geulph helping my buddy brew some stuff that day. Hopefully I can go in on the Monday after or so and they'll still have some of the oak-aged stuff.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Ian - is there a website with more info on this event? Preferably something bilingual, but even French-only would be better than nothing.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

GregClow wrote:Ian - is there a website with more info on this event? Preferably something bilingual, but even French-only would be better than nothing.
We have a large write up on it in our last publication of Bières et Plaisirs... its available on PDF at http://journal.bieresetplaisirs.com/archives/BIE_08-10.pdf

Dont know if you guys can access this link, from my computer it seems to be problematic. I'll take a look at it when I get home... here is an excerpt:
Les Brasseurs du Temps, Gatineau
Dominique Gosselin, maître-brasseur des Brasseurs du Temps, nous présentera maintes créations vieillies en fût de chêne à l’orée de l’automne, telles La Corne et la Muse, sa Scotch Ale, la Mea Magna Culpa, son vin d’orge et l’Obscur Désir, son stout impérial au chocolat. Au cas où ces bières vous donnent le goût d’en savoir plus sur l’artiste-artisan de l’endroit, Dominique s’offrira même en spectacle au début août lors d’une soirée de chansons grivoises… Vous vous souviendrez de lui, c’est garanti!

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

Thanks for this. I missed all the Quebec fests so far this year, so now I have a chance to make up for lost time!

We need a shuttle bus between BdT and L'Autre Oiel. :D