Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison 3 Fields Harvest

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Garrison 3 Fields Harvest

Post by Cass »

Sounds like a great new beer from Garrison.
Garrison Brewing Unveils "3 Fields Harvest Ale" this Weekend

Halifax, NS – Sept. 16, 2010 - Three fields. Two provinces. One true Maritime harvest beer!

After two years of research and development, Garrison Brewing Co. will be launching a remarkable new brew this weekend – 3 Fields Harvest Ale.

"This is a real celebration of hops in their freshest form," said Brian Titus, company President. "In one day we picked a ridiculous amount of wet (green) hops and added them right into the kettle." Wet hops impart a more subtle hop fragrance and bitterness, making them a pleasure to brew with. "Just like picking fiddleheads or grapes for icewine, this is something that only happens once a year," added Titus.

Hops were harvested from three local fields: Ross Farm Museum in New Ross, Meander River Farm in Ashdale and Happy Hopyard Farm in Saint John, New Brunswick. Staff from the brewery and hopyards came together to pick, transport and sort the large volume of fresh, local hops. At Meander River Farm it was a family affair with Alan, Brenda and Fraser Bailey all hard at work. Happy Hopyard Farm spent the day picking then drove five hours to deliver the cones!

This is the first wet-hopped beer to be bottled in the Maritimes, representing another step toward a commercially produced all-Maritime beer. It will be available at the brewery and select private stores in bottles as of this Friday. It will also be served during Garrison’s Oktoberfest celebration on Saturday, Sept. 25. For more information, visit: www.garrisonbrewing.com.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I like when its wet..........really wet.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

'Tis indeed. And it's being followed up with a collaboration Wet Hopped brew from Propeller and Sea Level, plus at least 2 wet hopped beers at Hart and Thistle.

booze hound

Post by booze hound »

Yeah this is a great beer, but I gotta say I like their hop yard ale the best.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I'm up for an east coast wet hopped mixer, 3 times 4 beers each