Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Westy 12 Gift Packs 2012

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Westy 12 Gift Packs 2012

Post by boney »

An Alberta note, but maybe some hope for good Ol' Ontari-ari-ari-o.....

Word has been spreading over on BA about Westy 12 gift packs making their way into Alberta sometime next year. They willl contain 4 Westy 12's and 2 branded glasses. Jason Foster also posted about it as well over on his blog, stating "rumour has it" that Ontario might be getting some as well. Read about it here.....

http://www.onbeer.org/2011/10/the-big-w ... t-alberta/

The ETA differs between the BA thread and what Jason stated in his blog, but it should be in Alberta between June and Nov 2012.........hmmmmm could there be some special 2012 LCBO Christmas gift packs too?

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Sherbrooke along with Keg 'n Cork are the 2 stores bringing this in up in Edmonton. Nice catch by the agents & stores.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Brewery Creek in Vancouver recently had the 12, but I didn't hear a price.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I would totally buy a gift pack like that for $75!!!! Sound friggin awesome.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:I would totally buy a gift pack like that for $75!!!! Sound friggin awesome.
Defintiely worth $75.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Both Kensington Wine Market and Zyn are getting these in Calgary. Kesnington will be getting 40. Not sure about Zyn. Both are taking pre-orders. I've got 2 on order from Kensington (max amount) and am debating about pre-ordering from Zyn.

I've now also heard varying accounts of the bottles included....I've heard both six Westy 12's and two of each of Westy's three beers.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

boney wrote:I've now also heard varying accounts of the bottles included....I've heard both six Westy 12's and two of each of Westy's three beers.
The latter seems a lot more likely.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

boney wrote:I've now also heard varying accounts of the bottles included....I've heard both six Westy 12's and two of each of Westy's three beers.
Might be a few pissed of people if that is the case!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:
Might be a few pissed of people if that is the case!
Indeed. However, I'm hoping for the three different beers. I've had the 12 twice, but never had the other two. Either way, the gift pack is going to be fantastic.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

From Jim @ Sherbrooke:

6 x 330ml (12's only) + 2 x 150ml glasses. Yes, 150ml.

Giftpacks might be possible for their next renovation, currently planned for late 2200 or so. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:From Jim @ Sherbrooke:

6 x 330ml (12's only) + 2 x 150ml glasses. Yes, 150ml.

Giftpacks might be possible for their next renovation, currently planned for late 2200 or so. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
Nice. The guys at Zyn must have had their info wrong. Kensington had it right. 150ml glass sizes are pretty wierd, but I wont complain.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Derek wrote:Brewery Creek in Vancouver recently had the 12, but I didn't hear a price.
The price for the 12 and the 8 was roughly $15-17 each depending on retailer. We are getting inventory of the gift packs in B.C. but not until mid 2012 (so I'm told) and the price floated here was between $60-70.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

aofe

Post by aofe »

How can one get these gift packs in Toronto or Ontario for that matter???

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

aofe wrote:How can one get these gift packs in Toronto or Ontario for that matter???
Either contact Sherbrooke liquor, pay a deposit and then visit Alberta, or have a friend here who will mail one to you when they arrive.