Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Phillips makes it into Alberta

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Phillips makes it into Alberta

Post by Torontoblue »

2 November 2011, 7:00pm @ Wunderbar, Edmonton

An introduction to Phillips Beer!! New to Alberta and new to Edmonton! We're lucky to have an opportunity to meet, in person, the very person behind the legendary brewery: Matt Phillips!

We're doing an event of opportunity outside of the regular schedule of the Edmonton Beer Geeks Anonymous with this special, one-off event. Our regular schedule will keep on going, but due to the special opportunity to meet the face behind Phillips, how could we say no?

What we're offering is to be one of the first people in Edmonton to sample the new variety of beers available from Phillips in Alberta! We don't yet have details on which beers will be available for the EBGA event, but we'll keep you updated via the social media feeds. Trust us, this is not a beer event you can miss!

A note to our regular patrons: our regular programming will continue as posted and announced earlier, we're just adding to the plethora of beer events as of late. Stay tuned via Twitter and Facebook for the most recent information.

As a side note, the Phillips beers will be available at both Sherbrooke and Keg'n'Cork starting 19 Oct.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Yummy, yummy, yummy. I'm still in Halifax until tomorrow, but I I'll make a b-line for some of that tastiness when I get home, as I see a lot of Phillips are already available in Calgary and across the province.

I seem to recall Lighthouse is going to be available in Alberta soon too. Now if only Driftwood would ship to Alberta, I'd never have to go to BC (for beer at least).

Although not from BC, but in the West Coast vein, Ninkasi will be in Alberta soon-ish as well.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Didn't know about Ninkasi...love their beers.

Deschutes are here with the Black Butte Porter & Mirror Pond Pale. Just trying to find out where they are in stores.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

I grabbed a couple bottles of the Phillips Garrison Mash Up Belgian IPA in Calgary last weekend. Good stuff!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

markaberrant wrote:I grabbed a couple bottles of the Phillips Garrison Mash Up Belgian IPA in Calgary last weekend. Good stuff!
Got two of those right before I left for Halifax, but didn't get a chance to drink, so they're waiting for me at home. Oddly enough, there was neither hide nor hair of that brew at either the beer stores in Halifax or Garrison brewery, so I consider muself lucky to be able to get my hands on them in Alberta!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

It's a new Agency that's bringing those in (much like North American Craft in Ontario):
http://49thparallelgroup.com/

Steve Thibault also has his previous employer signed on:
http://www.aficgroup.com/beers.php

So it looks like Alberta is in for some more treats!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Derek wrote:It's a new Agency that's bringing those in (much like North American Craft in Ontario):
http://49thparallelgroup.com/

Steve Thibault also has his previous employer signed on:
http://www.aficgroup.com/beers.php

So it looks like Alberta is in for some more treats!
Good God. I just checked out 49th Parallel. My bank account is going to be broken.