Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Ottawa Brewery - Broadhead Brewing Company

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

I've got a buddy who collects growlers (stay tuned for his eventual appearance on Hoarders!), and has asked me about this one.

Does their growler have any kind of painted label, or just a generic brown jug?

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

rejtable wrote:Does their growler have any kind of painted label, or just a generic brown jug?
It has the Broadhead logo painted on the front and their address on the back, all in white.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Ah crap, now I've got to trudge over there! :cry:

The things we do for friends...

Thanks!

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

codfishh wrote:We dropped by the brewery last week. Tried the pale and the white, the pale was good not great. It'll probably do well with the average drinker, not for the hophead. It uses cascade not citra, which makes sense since citra is pretty hard to get right now.

I thought the white was really good, nice and refreshing with just the right amount of orange and coriander, I didn't get any banana or clove out of it so I would think it's probably using some variant of the American Ale or American Ale II, or possibly us-05. I'd definitely drink it again.

The keggerrator looked nice too, uses a Danby stainless steel looking fridge, I think I'll be picking one of these up.
Went here Friday tried the backbone standard ale, the white, the oatmeal stout and the wildcard pale. The stanard and the white were pretty meh,wasn't really interested. The stout was really good, but they were out of growlers. The wildcard pale was really good too. Made with galaxy hops. Picked up a growler. it seems wildcard is sort of a brewers choice beer where the type of hops used will change regularly. I really like the galaxy, the only other time I think I have had them was the double galaxy double IPA i got at the Hill Farmstead brewery in Vermont.