Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Delivery Service now Live

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Beau's Delivery Service now Live

Post by Bytowner »

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, had a quick look. Beau's BYBO is now live and looks VERY cool. Even their special Halloween release is available and the delivery times look like you won't miss them if you have to work all day like a sucker.

http://beaus.ca/store/beer

Queef

Post by Queef »

Nice. At first the charge seemed steep, until I remembered it cost me $20 in gas and three hours or so time to get out to the brewery from the west end. Plus the idea of grabbing Growlers of even Lugtread is more economical that the 4packs in the LCBO (I think, I stink at math) I suppose this applies to the Greeners Future beers too maybe? Might be worth signing up for if they can be delivered to my door each time with some seasonal or other one offs. Hope this works, and sticks.
it's beer o'clock.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Get this, another brewery blew the whistle on Beau's beer delivery service and Operation Come Home will not be allowed to purchase beer for delivery. Can't say it's surprising, but there's enough shit to deal with in this province without breweries being douchebags to eachother. If anyone has any inside info I think an outing is in order.

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

That experiment ended quickly:

http://beausbeer.blogspot.com/2011/11/g ... -beer.html

Beau's should brew something bitter and sour in honor of the curmudgeon who bitched to the AGCO.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I don't understand how Dial-a-bottle can be legal and what Beau's is doing is not. I hope they challenge AGCO over this
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Probably best to keep the discussion of the closure of this service to a single thread - there's one over the LCBO & Beer Store folder that has a few more posts: http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7414