Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BC Brewery of the Year?

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Best of 2011?

Howe Sound
50%
Driftwood
50%
Lighthouse
No votes
Dead Frog
No votes
Tree
No votes
Central City
No votes
Phillips
No votes
Other?
No votes

Total votes: 6

Derek
Beer Superstar

BC Brewery of the Year?

Post by Derek »

Howe Sound really hit their stride and won more CBA's than ANY other brewery... and rightly so. Driftwood introduced some truly world class brews. Personally, I'd say it's between those two.

Lighthouse was probably the BIGGEST surprise. For years they've been consistent & flawless, but fairly mainstream... then they started their big flavour series.

Dead Frog started their Beermaster series as well, and expanded into Ontario along with Tree & Central City, but I'm not sure they were overly spectacular in 2011?

Phillips continues to brew great & innovative things as well.

What do you think, any other contenders?

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I don't feel like I have tried enough of the beers from these breweries to vote. That said, Driftwood would probably get my vote based on what I have heard and read this year.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Hmm... 3:2... I may have skewed the results with my thoughts.