Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great cartoon in the Halifax Chronicle Herald

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cagiva650

Great cartoon in the Halifax Chronicle Herald

Post by Cagiva650 »

A talented cartoonist can say so much in a simple drawing. :)

http://thechronicleherald.ca/editorial- ... al-cartoon

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

That's great OLD STYLE, symbolic cartoon drawing, that!

Well done!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

That cartoon could mean Ontario also. We have been behind the times since 1927.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Sadly, that applies to the majority of North America!

We'd be better going back to 19th century standards.

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

That is why I homebrew... No beer store, no lcbo here in my house.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

You know, I'm reading the debate going on in the thread on TBS, and then I look at this cartoon again, and realize that the problem is much bigger than OCB or advocacy or anything like that, but rather has to do with comprehensive liquour laws across the board that are simply antiquated and largely left over from prohibition.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John