Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hopfenstark, this is kind of a big deal, no?

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

rejtable
Bar Fly

Hopfenstark, this is kind of a big deal, no?

Post by rejtable »

Hopfenstark ‏@Hopfenstark 27 Jul
Final touch in our new place in Montreal. Station Host opening date is Saturday August 3rd at 3pm. Cheers
Going to try and pop in for a pint this weekend.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

It's a huge step for Fred. I wish him all the best. Hopefully I'll be able to stop in at some time. I know it will be easier to get to than Assomption for me.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I never minded the drive to L'assomption (nice little farmers fruit stand ont he edge of town if you drive in at the right time of year) but this will make visiting the brewery to have a couple pints far easier. hope he does well.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Is the location posted anywhere? Google seems to say 1494, rue Ontario E, Montréal, QC H2L 1S3, is that correct?

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Stopped in yesterday (Sunday). Fred told us the lineups were nuts on Saturday, lined up an hour before opening, and it didn't stop until he kicked the last people out more than an hour after scheduled closing.

Great spot and an outstanding addition to the MTL beer scene. He had 20 taps, 18 his with one collab and a DDC beer.

Talking to him he has grand plans for the place, rare kegs and bottles, lots of special nights (every Thur will be cask nights with 2-3 casks).

It's on Ontario, a couple of blocks from Papineau. No real sign out front yet, so we walked right past it the first time.

They are still putting final touches on the place. Decor is kinda Berlin meets San Antonio. Not a lot of seating, which is a nice contrast to DDC where chairs take up every square inch of the place, but I wonder what it would be like when it is crazy crowded.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

I ended up being in Montreal last weekend and dropped by. Rather than post it here, I just dropped a little review on my very inactive beer blog thing. Check it out here. (Mostly because I put lots of images in and that's a hassle in this little editor.)

The basic facts are: it is at the location I listed above, it's a great space, and it's open everyday from 15H-1H. Get going!