Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2 cases of Rochefort 8 for ???

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Urotsukidoji

2 cases of Rochefort 8 for ???

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Hello, sitting on 2 cases of Rochefort 8 that I do not need... had different people looking for cases for me a while back when we thought it would not last in the LCBO, thought I would get one, ended up with 3.
Willing to trade for almost anything.... a case retails for $86.40, I'm willing to take a small hit on the value... I just don't think I will ever get around to drinking them all.
I'm in Mississauga.

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

Urotsukidoji wrote:Hello, sitting on 2 cases of Rochefort 8 that I do not need... had different people looking for cases for me a while back when we thought it would not last in the LCBO, thought I would get one, ended up with 3.
Willing to trade for almost anything.... a case retails for $86.40, I'm willing to take a small hit on the value... I just don't think I will ever get around to drinking them all.
I'm in Mississauga.
Return them to the LCBO for 100% store credit. They are better with some age anyway, the LCBO should charge more for them!

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

I've returned individual items before, but never a case. You think they would take 'em without a bill?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I returned a case of this beer with no receipt, no problem

I couldn't get money back though, had to buy other stuff
Urotsukidoji wrote:I've returned individual items before, but never a case. You think they would take 'em without a bill?

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

store credit is fine..... always somethin' I need..

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yeah, no receipt OK because the cases are marked as LCBO imports and anyway, where else ya gonna buy Rochefort in Ontario (not to mention cheaply in this case, costs more everywhere else.)

Get your store credit. If one store refuses, go to a store with a functioning brain stem on staff.
In Beerum Veritas

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

returned both cases, no issues, had a little spending spree :)

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Urotsukidoji wrote:returned both cases, no issues, had a little spending spree :)
You can't say you had a spending spree and not say what you bought!! We need to judge you!!!
"There's always money in the banana stand."

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Well, it was not beer that I bought, it was just stuff I needed for the holidays and various cocktails

Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon $45.95
Hill's Genuine Absinthe $41.90
Giffard Creme De Violette $26.05
Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur $27.95
St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur $49.95

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Urotsukidoji wrote:Well, it was not beer that I bought, it was just stuff I needed for the holidays and various cocktails

Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon $45.95
Hill's Genuine Absinthe $41.90
Giffard Creme De Violette $26.05
Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur $27.95
St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur $49.95
Looks like the Aviation in on your menu, I bought the Giffard and Luxardo for just that reason this summer.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

yarp, that is correct. Bummer that this Creme De Violette is purple, when ones I've seen people use on youtube etc. are blue-ish