Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

FT while in TO: Alley Kat, Wild Rose, Others

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

FT while in TO: Alley Kat, Wild Rose, Others

Post by boney »

I'm in TO the last 2 weeks of March for school/training, so I'd be willing to do an in-person trade for Alberta brew if anyone is interested. Looking to trade 4 or 5 of mine (limited by weight on the plane) for 4 or 5 newer Ontario seasonals/Ltd's that I may not have had or really anything interesting. PM if interested.

I have....
-Alley Kat Three Bears Oatmeal Stout
-Alley Kat Cascadian Dark Ale
-Wild Rose IIPA (new version for 2011)
-Wild Rose Barley Wine 2009

I've also got some Mikkeller (Beer Geek Breakfast, Brunch Weasel), DFH (Palo Alto, Raison d'Etra), Raasted (Impy Stout) and a few others if not digging the Alberta scene.

Will also do mail trades once the weather heats up if any one sees stuff coming through Alberta that they need to get their hands on.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

boney wrote:Will also do mail trades once the weather heats up if any one sees stuff coming through Alberta that they need to get their hands on.
WOW, you really are a glutton for punishment :wink: You got shares in a courier?

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I'd be interested in some bottles but I doubt I have anything of interest to trade you for them that you can't get while you are here.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Yeah, when the weather heats up, I'd be interested in the Alley Kats if there's anything from BC you're looking for.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Derek wrote:Yeah, when the weather heats up, I'd be interested in the Alley Kats if there's anything from BC you're looking for.
I'm up for doing some trading for BC stuff especially if you want some of the Alley Kat beers (brewery is a 5 minute drive away).

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Derek wrote:Yeah, when the weather heats up, I'd be interested in the Alley Kats if there's anything from BC you're looking for.
I just brought back a haul from the Island 2 weeks ago, but there are so many seasonals coming out of BC there will no doubt be more by the time the weather heats up. I've also got a Alley Kat Unity Brew, if you are interested.

I don't know what Sid's got, but he can likely get Sherbrooke exclusives that I can't. If he's got the same stuff I do, plus more, and you want to streamline trading with him, that's cool. If he doesn't have Unity Brew, Cascadian Dark etc., I'll gladly hold those for you and arrange a trade when the warmer weather comes.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Let me know what you guys are looking for... I see Wild Rose is releasing an Alt as well.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Derek wrote:Let me know what you guys are looking for... I see Wild Rose is releasing an Alt as well.
Yep, the Alt comes out tomorrow. Let me know if you want a bottle and I'll try to pick one up.

I'd be interested in some of the Driftwood stuff I couldn't find when I was there, if you get it in the interior......Fat Tug, Blackstone Porter, Old Celler Dweller etc. If not Driftwood, there's always other stuff I'm interested in.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Yeah, I'd take a couple bottles of the Alt.

The Fat Tug is now readily available at the government stores. The other 2 are seasonals, I'll see if there's any left next time I'm into a private store.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Had the Alt at the launch last night and picked up quite a few bottles. Missed the cask by a couple of hours, unfortunately. Quite nice. The normal Wild Rose line up is pretty ho-hum, but they put together some nice seasonals.....especially when it comes to some of the more subtly balanced styles such as Maibock, Czech Pilz, Kolsch, Alt etc.