Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Megadestroyer

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Megadestroyer

Post by Jon Walker »

I will be bringing two 1 Liter bottles of very limited edition Howe Sound Megadestroyer Imperial Licorice Stout with me to Toronto on the 12th. Looking for trades for top quality American stuff but will consider great stuff from elsewhere that isn't available through the LCBO. It will also need to be stuff I haven't rated, message me and we can discuss.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Jon Walker wrote:I will be bringing two 1 Liter bottles of very limited edition Howe Sound Megadestroyer Imperial Licorice Stout with me to Toronto on the 12th. Looking for trades for top quality American stuff but will consider great stuff from elsewhere that isn't available through the LCBO. It will also need to be stuff I haven't rated, message me and we can discuss.
It'll have to something top bloody draw to trade for the Megadestroyer!!!!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

To catch a big fish you have to use the right bait.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

So glad I still have 2 bottles remaining; definitely gone revisit one of them next year (I'll have to hide it somewhere good though)!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Yeah, I cellared two as well. I have a feeling that in a year that booziness will subside and the other amazing attributes will rank the beer amongst the very best Impy Stouts.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I don't like licorice, so I passed this one by. Damn. Hopefully they'll do it again.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Derek wrote:I don't like licorice, so I passed this one by. Damn. Hopefully they'll do it again.

I don't know Derek..........

Word on the street is that they stopped brewing it because people were getting "megadestroyed".......whatever that means..........

This was outside of a bar in Squamish.....I'm sure it had to do with Megadestroyer..........

If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!