Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ft: fresh heady topper for sours/lambics/other funky barrels

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cveerman

Ft: fresh heady topper for sours/lambics/other funky barrels

Post by cveerman »

Picked up a case of heady on Friday in Vermont.

I have a few 4 packs available for trade...

I'm into funky beers

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

Just got back from Vermont yesterday and I only have 2 x 4 packs left... that was quick!

Let me know, I could be swayed for some BCBS and other rares as well...

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

cveerman wrote:Just got back from Vermont yesterday and I only have 2 x 4 packs left... that was quick!

Let me know, I could be swayed for some BCBS and other rares as well...
i am very interested, but no way I'm giving up a BCBS for Heady Topper.

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

Different beasts... Heady needs to be fresh.

Also I wasn't implying 1 for 1.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

I'd argue that it's harder to get your hands on heady than bourbon county. heady is very very regional, and not even easy to find in that. bourbon county is year-round and widely distributed. both highly regarded. and yeah, heady is certainly far more perishable. don't think there's anything wrong with that trade ($ for $, of course).
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

grub wrote:I'd argue that it's harder to get your hands on heady than bourbon county. heady is very very regional, and not even easy to find in that. bourbon county is year-round and widely distributed. both highly regarded. and yeah, heady is certainly far more perishable. don't think there's anything wrong with that trade ($ for $, of course).
This man is correct. As someone who has hunted down both beers it is way way easier to get BCS which goes almost everywhere and is still on the shelves in a good number of places.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

grub wrote:I'd argue that it's harder to get your hands on heady than bourbon county. heady is very very regional, and not even easy to find in that. bourbon county is year-round and widely distributed. both highly regarded. and yeah, heady is certainly far more perishable. don't think there's anything wrong with that trade ($ for $, of course).
At the same time, if the Heady is >3-4 weeks old, it's kaput. BCBS on the other hand keeps for ages.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Yes, if you trade for a DIPA you need to enjoy it sooner rather than later.

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

that's right boys; get em while they are fresh! 1 x 4 pack left.

cveerman

Post by cveerman »

Found this to be aligned to the heady - bcbs talk

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/ ... serAgent=1

20% more bcbs coming from good ol InBev

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

If more BCBS (and lots of Sofie in Toronto) is the result of the InBev acquisition, then I hope to see a few more acquisitions!
Ren