Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

FT: Nickel Brook/Sawdust City 11/05 Barley Wine

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

FT: Nickel Brook/Sawdust City 11/05 Barley Wine

Post by Craig »

Anyone miss this when it went by last year and want to try a bottle? I have a couple in the cellar I wouldn't mind swapping for something else. Not looking for anything in particular, just anything that would cellar well and I can't go get at the LCBO whenever I want. Or fresh IPAs.

IP Toronto only please.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

not to crap on your thread, but I THINK this is still available at the brewery :D

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

distr0 wrote:not to crap on your thread, but I THINK this is still available at the brewery :D
You thinking of the cuvee maybe? I really doubt they have any of this left on the shelves.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

squeaky wrote:
distr0 wrote:not to crap on your thread, but I THINK this is still available at the brewery :D
You thinking of the cuvee maybe? I really doubt they have any of this left on the shelves.
Definitely, on the shelves still. Had a friend pick me up some growlers and asked if I wanted a bottle of this. At ~$17 a bottle, I passed.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Wow, it's been on shelves since what, December then? Lol, probably not going to get much interest in my bottles then, am I?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

I was there last weekend and can confirm this is still available along with Winey Bastard.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Either price is a bigger deterrent than they thought, or they have been pumping them out ever since.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

iguenard wrote:Either price is a bigger deterrent than they thought, or they have been pumping them out ever since.
From my understanding same batch. The 11.07 was a mess not worth the money but I really enjoyed the Winey bastard