Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Anyone have an idea who this jackass is?

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

That was an option? Just walking in and buying all the glasses?

I didn't have a ticket, so I didn't get a branded glass. I figured they just only had as many branded as there were tickets.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

So a single person bought 12 glasses?
Yeah, not a cool move. Did Volo not set a limit?
Who's to blame then?

And while it may be a fair assumption that this same person was selling one of these 12 on eBay, its also possible that this person was getting them for friends and trading partners.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Next year Volo should make extras and sell them as "cellared" glassware at a premium. Haha. Seriously though, if there is a market for glassware like this they could number the glasses and sell extras later at a markup like Bellwoods does with their bottle list. At least then you know where the money is going and what you are supporting if you buy one after the fact (a bar you enjoy vs. some random).

Volo posted this ebay auction on instagram and I mentioned that I had two of each of the 2012 (funk night only), 2013, and 2014 sitting in the dishwasher (because I use them, because they are glasses and good for when folks are over for tastings). It was about five hours before I started getting asked about "trading" for them. Goodness!

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

groulxsome wrote:Next year Volo should make extras and sell them as "cellared" glassware at a premium. Haha. Seriously though, if there is a market for glassware like this they could number the glasses and sell extras later at a markup like Bellwoods does with their bottle list. At least then you know where the money is going and what you are supporting if you buy one after the fact (a bar you enjoy vs. some random).
Like Muskoka?

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

FEUO wrote:
groulxsome wrote:Next year Volo should make extras and sell them as "cellared" glassware at a premium. Haha. Seriously though, if there is a market for glassware like this they could number the glasses and sell extras later at a markup like Bellwoods does with their bottle list. At least then you know where the money is going and what you are supporting if you buy one after the fact (a bar you enjoy vs. some random).
Like Muskoka?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

pretty sure anyone can find a place that prints glassware and toss on a Cantillon logo.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

I just had an extremely rare Cantillon tasting event at my house (me only) and have an extra 100 custom glasses to sell....
:D

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

the best part?
a flight to Brussels is around $800.
so if you're going to pony up that $$ for a glass, why not just spend $ and fly to Brussels and spend the day drinking AT cantillon?
you know, drink the stuff that's supposed to go in that glass?

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

atomeyes wrote:pretty sure anyone can find a place that prints glassware and toss on a Cantillon logo.
lol how do you think Volo does it?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

liamt07 wrote:
atomeyes wrote:pretty sure anyone can find a place that prints glassware and toss on a Cantillon logo.
lol how do you think Volo does it?
well, i assume they're doing it with Jean's permission.
if you nabbed the Volo and Cantillon logo and printed glasses, you'd double your chances of being sued.