Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Bounty Hunter

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Bellwoods Bounty Hunter

Post by mgmoney »

Got a bottle from 2015 release and had it last night...could not detect the coconut or vanilla at all...let it warm up ...nothing...tasted like Lost River to me...I don't know maybe I'm not an imply stout/porter flavoured beer kinda guy?
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Hmm, I found the vanilla pretty strong, and coconut a bit mild when I had it on tap at Bellwoods many months ago. Overall sweet, but not crazy so. Maybe it mellowed out over time? Definitely "more to it" than a basic Lost River.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I agree completely. Picked up 2 bottles in early March. This is what I said in a previous post in random reviews. I'm in no hurry to have the second one, may end up trading it Away

sofakingdrunk wrote:Bellwoods Bounty Hunter

A delicious drink, and dangerously easy drinking for the abv,but i'm struggling to really pick out the Vanilla and even more-so, the coconut. The vanilla kind of hits me with a touch of oakiness, but thats about it. The coconut is ever so slightly there on the finish I find. Overall very tasty, but want more coconut flavour out of this. Maybe its just me......

ECBS

Post by ECBS »

When I first had Bounty Hunter in May of 2014, I seriously struggled to detect any coconut.

When I tried it again in March of 2015, it was impossible to miss.

Both times, it was delicious.

Whether it was me or the beer that changed between those two tastings, I do not know.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Exact same for me - managed to find some vanilla, but no coconut whatsoever (and this was probably around mid-2014 as well).

Definitely will give it a shot again the next time it's in the bottle shop since it still was delicious.