Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Shillow Bitter Waitress

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Shillow Bitter Waitress

Post by mgmoney »

Tried from a can ...not very hoppy...I'm not a fan of black IPAs but thought I'd try this anyway. A bit of roasted malt, licorice notes, but just not my thing. Anyone know what yeast they use in this brew, as I found none of those fruity esters I associate with traditional IPAs.
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

mgmoney wrote:Tried from a can ...not very hoppy...I'm not a fan of black IPAs but thought I'd try this anyway. A bit of roasted malt, licorice notes, but just not my thing. Anyone know what yeast they use in this brew, as I found none of those fruity esters I associate with traditional IPAs.
fruity esters and IPAs?
Chico's the most commonly used IPA yeast and it is used because it's clean and ester free.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

atomeyes wrote:
mgmoney wrote:Tried from a can ...not very hoppy...I'm not a fan of black IPAs but thought I'd try this anyway. A bit of roasted malt, licorice notes, but just not my thing. Anyone know what yeast they use in this brew, as I found none of those fruity esters I associate with traditional IPAs.
fruity esters and IPAs?
Chico's the most commonly used IPA yeast and it is used because it's clean and ester free.
Vermont Ale is the new king. Get out of the '90s! :P