Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brooklyn Lager, Local 7 West Coast Lager

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Brooklyn Lager, Local 7 West Coast Lager

Post by GtownRandy »

these came yesterday in my lcbo online order, they were 2 that i've never even seen in a store.

the brooklyn lager (ratebeer 83 overall/ 99 style) i think is about as good as a lager can be, smooth and creamy, easy drinking with no unpleasant tastes, just enjoyed the heck out of it. (compared to Sawdust city little norway, which i had high hopes for, but didnt like the taste, which i guess was the saaz hops?). one of the top lcbo lager values i would say.

the local 7 west coast session lager (ratebeer 65 overall/ 100 style) was also very enjoyable. could smell the hops as soon as i opened the can, and it had an ipa like hoppiness but not as intense, kind of like a hybrid lager/ipa. also very easy to drink.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

I'll agree with you, Brooklyn lager is by far one of the tastier lagers I've had. Distribution around these parts is very scarce so don't have it as much as I'd like. Little Norway is shit, as far as I'm concerned. One of the worst beers I've had in a long time

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

I tried Little Norway last week from TBS. It's got that annoyingly grainy macro lager taste.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^^^^^this