Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Old Tomorrow Canadian Pale Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Old Tomorrow Canadian Pale Ale

Post by G.M. Gillman »

I haven't had the tinned one, just the draft, at Loose Moose over the weekend.

First-class effort which has a good rich malt sweetness, some estery notes, quite a firm bitterness in the aftertaste but no or little hop aroma.

I'd place it as an 1800's-style mild ale, i.e., light amber, on the sweet side, good hops to underpin the malt but without a big hop nose or hop flavour such as characterize an IPA of that era.

Very good to see this out there and I would think a cask version would be outstanding. Brewed at Big Rig in Ottawa. James Mistry's best formulation to date, in my opinion.

Gary
Gary Gillman

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Ehh.

Found this quite boring. Had it a couple months back but I can't remember my tasting notes, but I certainly wouldn't put this on my shopping list again.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

I've had it in cans and quite enjoyed it. Definitely on my list.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Me too. Excellent stuff, exceeded my modest expectations.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

this is a pretty nice session bitter