Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sawdust City Twin Pines

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

elproducto

Sawdust City Twin Pines

Post by elproducto »

Have to post a review. So glad to call these guys my "local", another superstar offering from Corbeil and Co.

473ml from the Brewery on release day.

8.8% ABV
88 IBU

Continuing the trend from this years incredible 11.07, this thing is amazing. Citrus and Dank, really well attenuated. Hides the 8.8 really well, could drink gallons of this stuff, incredible aroma. Can is the perfect vessel, IMHO.

Look out Lackey.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

elproducto wrote:Hides the 8.8 really well, could drink gallons of this stuff.
Well hidden, perhaps, but there nonetheless. After "gallons", I'd wager you'd completely forget how good it was. :D

Seriously though, I love the Lone Pine and look forward to trying this.

Having said that, the last couple of Lone Pine cans I had weren't up to standard; maybe they were just a little old, not sure. Won't give it another thought unless it happens again next time.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Drinking a Lone Pine I picked up from the brewery on Friday, and it's fantastic. Maybe just LCBO storing it in the heated room ;)

What's nice about Twin Pines, is it's not just Lone Pine x2, totally different hop bill.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

elproducto wrote: What's nice about Twin Pines, is it's not just Lone Pine x2, totally different hop bill.
Really? Then why call it Twin Pines?

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
elproducto wrote: What's nice about Twin Pines, is it's not just Lone Pine x2, totally different hop bill.
I believe it's a reference to Back to the Future. Lots of references on the can to those films.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

elproducto wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
I believe it's a reference to Back to the Future. Lots of references on the can to those films.
From Canadian Beer News

Sitting at 8.8% abv, Twin Pines is a bigger sibling to the brewery’s year-round Lone Pine IPA, and also a sly reference to a scene in a classic 1980s sci-fi comedy.

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

Tallboys ( Bloor & Ossington ) has cans of this. I had one this afternoon. Wow!
It's also on draft at Indie Ale House and others

Very smooth, with a great nose! 5 types of hops.
Much better than Lone Pine.

I love my regular brewery sources in the GTA and Burlington, but this one leaves the rest of Ontario IIPAs in its dust ( IMO )

Be sure not to miss this one!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Think I'll have to go grab one today...I really enjoy Lone Pine...and most beers from Sawdust City.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Had it barhop today...very solid IIPA...hides the 8.8% well...not super bitter but well balanced malt and hop profile...this is a sessionable IIPA? is there such a thing?
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Managed to have this recently and agree is an easy drinker, quite smooth. Not a juice bomb, just solid. Easily holds up to anything you'd go crazy for from GLB.