Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Justu 2.0

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jeremyg

Bellwoods Justu 2.0

Post by jeremyg »

Surprised no one's really talked about it but i am seriously loving this pale ale. Honestly, i think it's one of their best ipa/pa/apa/iipa beers that they've put out. you can really taste the complex simcoe hops while the amarillo give the beer a wonderful "bubblegum" finish on the tip of your tongue. i truly love this beer, cannot recommend enough. REALLY hope it becomes a regular.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

Agreed that this batch is good…also quite different from Jutsu 1.0. My personal estimation is that this is perhaps my second favorite of their pale/IPA/double IPA offerings, after Roman Candle.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Hmm, looks like this one is gone already...ah well, can't try them all!

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

I quite enjoyed the Jutsu 2.0 on its own. However, I recently tried it after trying the latest batch of Roman Candle. It's pretty shocking how much less interesting and complex it is than the Roman Candle. Definitely the wrong order to drink these in.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

had v.1 again at bellwoods the other night. i definitely like v.2 more. more complex. just hoppier in general. the first version almost tastes like a fruit juice.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

jeremyg wrote:had v.1 again at bellwoods the other night. i definitely like v.2 more. more complex. just hoppier in general. the first version almost tastes like a fruit juice.
Keep hearing good things about v.2 (by chance, are you meat wolf on untapped?).

Has bellwoods ever had two versions of the same beer out at the same time? Be fun to do side-by-side tastings.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

talon_d wrote:
jeremyg wrote:had v.1 again at bellwoods the other night. i definitely like v.2 more. more complex. just hoppier in general. the first version almost tastes like a fruit juice.

Has bellwoods ever had two versions of the same beer out at the same time? Be fun to do side-by-side tastings.
I so wish they would have side-by-side of the Monogamy series. Would be so educational.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

talon_d wrote:

haha yeah that's me

not at the same time, but i had a bottle of v2 and my friend brought over his bottle of v1 he had just got and we drank them side by side. both are great but v2 is way better imho.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

jeremyg wrote:
talon_d wrote:

haha yeah that's me

not at the same time, but i had a bottle of v2 and my friend brought over his bottle of v1 he had just got and we drank them side by side. both are great but v2 is way better imho.
So they did a second batch of V1? Or was this an old bottle from the original batch?

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

jeremyg wrote:
talon_d wrote:

haha yeah that's me.
Thought so (this is theipamyth - Dennis).

I'll have to watch out for v.2 next time it is released.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

TheSevenDuffs wrote: So they did a second batch of V1? Or was this an old bottle from the original batch?
Yeah, this is a new batch of V1. I haven't had them side by side, but if I had to rank them:
V1 <~ V2 << Roman Candle

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

TheSevenDuffs wrote: So they did a second batch of V1? Or was this an old bottle from the original batch?
OG batch from 3 or 4 weeks ago

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

napoleon wrote:
Yeah, this is a new batch of V1. I haven't had them side by side, but if I had to rank them:
V1 <~ V2 << Roman Candle
looks about right