Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Double Trouble - Hops & Robbers

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Hoppy's Tavern

Double Trouble - Hops & Robbers

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Hi Everyone,

Hoppy's Tavern with a review of the Double Trouble Brewing - Hops & Robbers

Clean, crisp, light caramel color, there is some small carbonation with fast rising of bubbles.
Very unnoticeable lemon/lime aroma, maybe some yeast, that's all I'm getting not much more and very unnoticeable
Doughy, what I mean by that if you make or buy a pizza and the dough is not cooked properly and I mean this in a good way, it's like a sweet dough
It's silky, smooth, at the front of the tongue you feel a bit of carbonation, 1/2 way through the pallet carbonation increases, back of the pallet it all start dissipating, leaving a slight bitterness behind.
I think Double Trouble achieved what they were looking for on an IPA with a low ABV, I definitely would enjoy this beer paired with old cheddar and crackers
I'm going to give a 3.5 out of 5, the aroma was very mild and I kept wanting more, pair it with old cheddar and you get a sweetness in your mouth that extra need in the pallet that was missing

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

... 1/2 way through the pallet carbonation increases, back of the pallet it all start dissipating, leaving a slight bitterness behind.
I can never make it through more than 1/2 a pallet of beer! ;)

In Beerum Veritas

Hoppy's Tavern

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Holy crap, I just picked up one of those today, probably will be test driving it over the weekend.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Belgian wrote:I can never make it through more than 1/2 a pallet of beer! ;)
:D :D