Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Flying Monkeys: Deep Track American Brown Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Hoppy's Tavern

Flying Monkeys: Deep Track American Brown Ale

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Quick review of the Flying Monkeys: Deep Track American Brown Ale.

Flying Monkeys out of Barrie, Ontario, has a 45 IBU and 6.2 ABV
Beautiful 2 finger head, light brown sugar color, little to no carbonation, dark read mahogany color
Very mild almost unnoticed roasted malts, and molasses, dark chocolate with nuts
Mild malty flavor, there is a hint of citrus flavor initiating a bit of bitterness
Front of the pallet you get the roasted malty flavors with a bit of dryness
Back of the pallet you get more bitterness, more dryness and aftertaste
The bitterness and aftertaste stays around for a couple of minutes.
With only an IBU of 45 I found it a bit bitter and dry
However Am going to recommend trying this beer with Gouda cheese and it won't disappoint

Thanks guys

I