Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Black Oak Brewing - Nut Brown Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Hoppy's Tavern

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Here is another review from Hoppy's Tavern:

Generated a small 1 finger head, large bubbles, dirty white in color, head dissipating very quickly, dark walnut red, no carbonation
Roasted Malts, molasses, chocolate, slightly burned toast, as the beer warms up you really start to get a lot of chocolate aroma
Front of the pallet, tip of the tongue you feel a sweet peppery sensation, middle of the pallet you get the roasted malts, back of the pallet roasted malts are gone with no aftertaste
Pleasant beer to drink without having a lot of complex flavors in your pallet, perfect beer to drink while BBQ red meats

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Sorry couldn't take it anymore...its palate...not pallet
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

Hoppy's Tavern

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Sorry couldn't take it anymore...its palate...not pallet
Hahahahah, damn totally missed that one for some reason, definitely not a pallet or a skid like some people call it.