Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Omnipollo beers

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Omnipollo beers

Post by Belgian »

Omnipollo Prodromus Deep Fried Graham Cracked Chocolate Chunk Caramel Bar
- unusually rich and powerful caramel-toasted marshmallow / vanilla graham mingling with the chocolate and rich malts. It's basically S'mores in beer form. Though it was a lot to drink through over two days, I began to enjoy its red wine-like rich intensity, and the big flavors are extremely good. I might get another can or two to push the limits of my sweet tooth.

Omnipollo Zodiak IPA
- also in cans at LCBO right now. It's fairly stunning, and I admit I was thirsty but some of you have seen a few more more beers like it:
"A beautifully foggy and tasty IPA I would say in the Vermont persuasion. Pale gold-blonde coat and creamy white head, aromas and tastes of citrus and pine. Palate is easy going but not dilute, supporting a profile that is dry plus a note fruity-sweet - sort of guava like plus hints of pear and apricot, interesting counter to the lemon and pine needles. Even a note spicy like pepper and vanilla. Extremely good. "
Omnipollo will get my business when I see their stuff. A serious entry to the Ontario market, and the prices are competitive for the quality.
In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Omnipollo Prodromus Deep Fried Graham Cracked Chocolate Chunk Caramel Bar

Quite happy with that one though if there ever was a beer for the smaller cans, this would be it.
lister

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I''m also very happy to see Omnipollo brewing here.

Zodiak IPA - Loving it.
Prodromus - A bit too much for me. Perhaps I should have drank it over two days.

The only other Omnipollo beer I've had is Noa Pecan Mud Cake Imperial Stout, which was a 10/10.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

beerstodiscover wrote:The only other Omnipollo beer I've had is Noa Pecan Mud Cake Imperial Stout, which was a 10/10.
I had the Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar IIPA (8.5%) three summers ago and gave it a 4.1 on RateBeer.
In Beerum Veritas

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Belgian wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:The only other Omnipollo beer I've had is Noa Pecan Mud Cake Imperial Stout, which was a 10/10.
I had the Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar IIPA (8.5%) three summers ago and gave it a 4.1 on RateBeer.

The Nebuchadnezzar was a brilliant beer. I'd love to see them brewing that here

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

So far I've only tried Zodiak (seems it's always on tap whenever I go to King Taps), and it's solid; 3.75 or slightly less for me if I was rating it.

Muskokan

Post by Muskokan »

Few new Omnipollo releases for those interested - all brewed in Toronto.

Omnipollo Bianca Mango Lassi Gose - only 20HL brewed and being released in phases. Currently available at the Brunswick Bierworks Biershop. Cans flying at Ronnie's Local in Kensington and 10 cases will be released for online sales soon.

Omnipollo Raspberry Aniara - brand new Omnipollo beer for the Canadian market. Brewed using a crazy amount of fresh raspberries and lemon puree. Fresh, slightly tart and vibrant in colour - see our Instagram (@craftbrandco) for pics. Currently available at the Brunswick Bierworks Biershop and will be launching at the LCBO April 22nd and will run til October.

Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar - the first Omnipollo beer we imported and one close to our heart. Stoked to brew this one in Toronto and launch fresh. We'll be brewing it in September for an October LCBO launch.

Non Omnipollo;

Mikkeller Peter Pale & Mary - Mikkeller's cult status American Folk Pale Ale. A 4.7% pale ale wonderfully dry-hopped and balanced with a nice hearty malt bill. Launching at the LCBO April 29th. Then more limited run Mikkeller releases to follow.

For pictures, tasting notes and launch news, pop over to The Craft Brand Co insta page.

Cheers,

Mike
Co-Founder | The Craft Brand Company
https://craftbrandco.com/
IG: @CraftBrandCo

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I really enjoyed the Peter Pale & Mary recently. Good stuff, and quaffable at that ABV.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar from Brunswick Bierworks is tasting mighty fine.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

beerstodiscover wrote:Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar from Brunswick Bierworks is tasting mighty fine.
Thanks for the tip! Picked some up today for the start of the NFL season. It is, indeed, tasting great. While you were there, did you also happen to try, or purchase, any "Hazy Mariner" NEIPA? It is similarly tasty, though only 5.3% abv so more quaffable as well. The labelling is very unusual, as it gives absolutely no indication of what brewery produced it. None at all! I gather, though, that it is a Brunswick in-house brew. Is there some reason why they can't label their beer as Brunswick Bierworks? Does it not have to indicate, somewhere, the brewery of origin? Just curious -- again, the main point is, it is quite good.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

midlife crisis wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar from Brunswick Bierworks is tasting mighty fine.
Thanks for the tip! Picked some up today for the start of the NFL season. It is, indeed, tasting great. While you were there, did you also happen to try, or purchase, any "Hazy Mariner" NEIPA? It is similarly tasty, though only 5.3% abv so more quaffable as well. The labelling is very unusual, as it gives absolutely no indication of what brewery produced it. None at all! I gather, though, that it is a Brunswick in-house brew. Is there some reason why they can't label their beer as Brunswick Bierworks? Does it not have to indicate, somewhere, the brewery of origin? Just curious -- again, the main point is, it is quite good.
The "Hazy Mariner" was a collab with a group of people from instagram brewed at Brunswick, it is a Brunswick beer

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

matt7215 wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:
The "Hazy Mariner" was a collab with a group of people from instagram brewed at Brunswick, it is a Brunswick beer
I don't doubt it at all. Just curious about the (non)-labelling. As for the beer, I definitely recommend it!

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

midlife crisis wrote:While you were there, did you also happen to try, or purchase, any "Hazy Mariner" NEIPA?
I left with just a 4-pack of the Nebuchadnezzar as most of the other stuff failed my freshness/price investment criteria. Kinda with I got more Neb.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

It is true that the Hazy Mariner was borderline -- brewed in late July IIRC -- but I still enjoyed it quite a bit! Recommend it, especially if they put out a fresh batch.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The Nebuchadnezzar right now, about three weeks old. Can from the new LC on Spadina and Front. Very good classic IIPA.

This expansive new store in a slightly less useful location also had a number of wines on clearance discount, I saved about 20 bucks on 2 bottles of Bordeaux red. You won't see these discounts online because Ontario. But when the release date eclipses 3 months certain select stores dump the stock, got a St Estephe at about $16-17 off.
In Beerum Veritas