Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nickel Brook - Kentucky Bastard Review

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Hoppy's Tavern

Nickel Brook - Kentucky Bastard Review

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

I'm back again reviewing beers, going to try to do at least one review per week.

Here is my first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IvFkJzu0Pw&t=33s

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Welcome back Hoppy

Hoppy's Tavern

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Thanks GtownRandy,
Feels good to be back

portwood

Post by portwood »

Did you find their instructions on how to crack into their impossible to open bottles :lol:
@markhamwhisky

Hoppy's Tavern

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

portwood wrote:Did you find their instructions on how to crack into their impossible to open bottles :lol:

Never found the instruction online either, :wink:

portwood

Post by portwood »

Haven't looked closely at their products lately but the KB & winey bastard I bought (2015) had a tag hung on the neck with a diagram and instructions.
I thought they also started printing a little blurb on the back label now.

Anyway, sarcasm aside ... sliding into internet mansplaining mode ... in case you haven't seen it ... they suggest running hot water over the wax cap - should be easy to cut open after that....
@markhamwhisky

Hoppy's Tavern

Post by Hoppy's Tavern »

Passed by the LCBO after work and look what I found on all the bottles of "Kentucky Bastard".......instructions, ahhahahahahah