Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2004 Black Oak Nut cracker Porter

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pootz
Beer Superstar

2004 Black Oak Nut cracker Porter

Post by pootz »

Sampled the 2004 release today. Thanks Jeremy. This probably the best porter available locally. Chewy roasted malt, full cone hops and some complimentary coffee-cocoa-spice tones....good offering this year.
Last edited by pootz on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aventinus rules!

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Is it available in draft or bottle (or both?). And where might one it?[/code][/quote]
Lagerale

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Is it available in draft or bottle (or both?).
Far as I know the bottles are only available at the brewery and it's on tap at Burlington and GTA pubs...ask Jeremy where ...contact them at the site: http://www.blackoakbeer.com/
Aventinus rules!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Hey Jeremy I'm out of nut cracker what's the bottle supply like at the brewery??
Aventinus rules!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Theres a bit of the last bottling left. i believe there is a second batch of it in the works. Not sure what kens are for that one in terms of bottling/kegging.

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

It was on handpump at the Bow last night, and still may be. Very good, rich cask (real ale) dark English beer taste with a spice seasonal overlay. At first the Xmas spices seemed kind of out there but then they melded in, and a second pint was even better. This is great but I'd like to have this porter available on handpump sans the spices, it would be fine "unplugged", you might say. Cask ale (when in excellent condition, as this was) is just so much better than any other kind of draft beer in my opinion, when you taste beer this way you see that is how all beer was made originally and to me it tastes most genuine that way.

Gary

mustang3

Post by mustang3 »

I put the full review on ratebeer, but I had a glass of nutcracker today at beer bistro wiht Wheatsheaf and Gregclow. It is incredibly delicous. If you haven't had it yet get out and find some before it's gone.