Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Saison Dupont spotted

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Saison Dupont spotted

Post by northyorksammy »

Out on shelves at Bayview/Sheppard, 330 ml only $2.25 a bottle

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Thanks. :D

Bet Cooper St. will have it. Ahh the endless pursuit of desirable beer....
In Beerum Veritas

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

northyorksammy wrote:Out on shelves at Bayview/Sheppard, 330 ml only $2.25 a bottle
$2.25/bottle. :o

Looks like I'll be heading into Canada sometime soon to pick up a case. Does anyone have any recommendations on a "good" LCBO for me to hit up in the Fort Erie/Niagara Falls area? Can I expect to find this at any LCBO I walk into or will only certain outlets stock this one?

Huzzah for good and inexpensive Saison!

-rudy

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Rudy,

The lcbo.com website is very easy to search for availability and shows you which store to go to (click the map too.)

Search "saison" then have a look at each store's inventory. At present "Saison" is not showing but it's too early, give it a few days.

Happy fishing,

JK.
rudolf wrote:
northyorksammy wrote:Out on shelves at Bayview/Sheppard, 330 ml only $2.25 a bottle
$2.25/bottle. :o

Looks like I'll be heading into Canada sometime soon to pick up a case. Does anyone have any recommendations on a "good" LCBO for me to hit up in the Fort Erie/Niagara Falls area? Can I expect to find this at any LCBO I walk into or will only certain outlets stock this one?

Huzzah for good and inexpensive Saison!

-rudy
In Beerum Veritas

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Dyno deal Sammy....was it worth it?? :wink:
Aventinus rules!

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

[

-rudy[/quote]

The Summerhill LCBO has the most beer in Ontario, sometimes the Cooper street, which is a much smaller store, will have some beers they don't carry
Bayview Sheppard is 2ns best

If you give me a heads up, I may be able to score some bottles for you

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Has this shown up anywhere else yet?

My local LCBOs keep telling me they're expecting it any day now...

-Josh

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

It may have been there (Bayview Village) previously, but it wasn't there today. In fact, nothing at all from the release was there, and when I asked one of the helpful employees, he said "maybe next week".

Rats! I've now gone to four different LCBOs in the past three days, no luck anywhere (for Saison Dupont).

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Cooper Street will have a bunch of inventory Tuesday. There, I've cursed my chances of getting any. :D

Probably Summerhill too, hasn't had any yet though.
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Saison Dupont is in at the Atrium On Bay location, along with the Chapeau Exotic. The only beers from the seasonal release that they don't have yet are the Fruli and the Belgian Peches.

No sign of the Sinha there yet, either. :x

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

I bought a bottle today to try it and I'm happy to report that it was not $2.25 but $1.95 :D

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I bought a lot today at Queen's Quay (Cooper Street.)

They originally were to get eight more cases Tuesday, BUT this is old news.

NOW, they have been told to take one case, sell it all off, then order another one etc. Don't expect to find unopened cases anywhere if they can prevent it.

Between this, and the Delerium Tremens scandal, LCBO sure create a lot of useless make-work projects. But I got my freaking beer! :D Thank you Peter who is our Saison guy.
In Beerum Veritas

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Belgian wrote:I bought a lot today at Queen's Quay (Cooper Street.)

They originally were to get eight more cases Tuesday, BUT this is old news.

NOW, they have been told to take one case, sell it all off, then order another one etc. Don't expect to find unopened cases anywhere if they can prevent it.
I got mine today at the Fairview & Guelph Ln. store in Burlington. I'd ordered a case and they had is (unopened) in the back waiting for me. The shipping label on the case says it's case 2 of 2 destined for that store - but there was none on the shelf, so presumably somebody else has already reserved the other one.

(Was I the only one who was expecting 33cl bottles? These are tiny - still a great deal for $1.95 though!)

-Josh

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

detritus wrote:
Belgian wrote:I bought a lot today at Queen's Quay (Cooper Street.) there was none on the shelf, so presumably somebody else has already reserved the other one.-Josh
It's a cult beer thing, hee hee. I made sure to leave four on the shelf though, proof to others it exists.
detritus wrote:
Belgian wrote: (Was I the only one who was expecting 33cl bottles? These are tiny - still a great deal for $1.95 though!)
And the bottles are small, I'd pay 50 cents more for 330cls because it's so much packaging like the Mill Street Organic bottles.

But compare, Mill St Organic costs 8.9 per cent more by volume. It ain't no Belgian Saison. Okay, time to go drink some...
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I bought 4 bottles of the Saison today, and just finished drinking my first one a few minutes ago. Ohmigod, what a fantastic beer! I'll be picking up quite a few more, I think...

(Assuming you bastards don't buy them all up before I get a chance... :lol:)