Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mill Street Beers

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Mill Street Beers

Post by midlife crisis »

All four Mill Street beers (Tankhouse, Coffee Porter, Stock Ale, Organic Lager) in their new packages are now in stock at the Avenue and Lawrence Beer Store. Bought some Stock and some Tankhouse.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

midlife crisis wrote:All four Mill Street beers (Tankhouse, Coffee Porter, Stock Ale, Organic Lager) in their new packages are now in stock at the Avenue and Lawrence Beer Store. Bought some Stock and some Tankhouse.
I wonder if they will ever get to the "outlands" like K-W or London?
Aventinus rules!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Do you guys really like the Coffee Porter? I only had it once...

And yes, amazing bottles (hope the thimble-sized organic lager bottles got turfed.)
In Beerum Veritas

DukeofYork = Richard

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

Hey! I like to hold the Organic bottles and pretend I'm a giant ...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yes, everyone can enjoy that. :-?
In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Belgian wrote:And yes, amazing bottles (hope the thimble-sized organic lager bottles got turfed.)
I hope they get turfed too. I usually pour two of them into one glass and the Organic quickly disappears from the fridge. :(
lister

shrike

Post by shrike »

I actually like the Organic (reminds me a bit of Growlers Helle; must be the same hops used), but paying the same price for those little bottles is asking a bit much.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

shrike wrote:I actually like the Organic (reminds me a bit of Growlers Helle; must be the same hops used), but paying the same price for those little bottles is asking a bit much.
Yeah, the only time I drink the Organic is an occassional pint when I'm out, where I'm generally paying the same unit cost as any other micro beer they have on tap.

Although when it comes to Mill Street, I usually get the Tankhouse or Porter if one of them is available, so it's not a big concern for me most of the time.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Belgian wrote:Do you guys really like the Coffee Porter?
Yes. Love it!

shrike

Post by shrike »

At my curling club, the Royals, we have the Sparkling Ale on tap, and tankhouse available in bottles. They sell quite well. Mill Street donated some prizes to one of our bonspiels too.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

I think Mill St. will be forced to give up the "splits" they use for the organic. When they joined The Beer Store, they signed the Industry Standard Bottle Agreement, which stipulates what size bottles can be used, even for brands that are not carried by The Beer Store. Those bottles don't comply.
"Every day above ground is a good one."

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

I think Mill St. will be forced to give up the "splits" they use for the organic. When they joined The Beer Store, they signed the Industry Standard Bottle Agreement, which stipulates what size bottles can be used, even for brands that are not carried by The Beer Store. Those bottles don't comply.
This is what I understood, but that doesn't explain the aluminum bottles for Kick in the LCBO...?

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Steve Beaumont wrote:
This is what I understood, but that doesn't explain the aluminum bottles for Kick in the LCBO...?
I have been waiting for that to come up.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Nothing explains Kick at all when you think about it.
In Beerum Veritas

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Perhaps when you own 48% of the company you have some influence over the rules. :wink:
"Every day above ground is a good one."