Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Fall Release

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Fall Release

Post by northyorksammy »

how this been finalized?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Esprit releases include:

Dogfish Head Chicory Stout
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Rogue Chocolate Stout
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
St. Peter's Old Style Porter[/quote]

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

esprit wrote:Esprit releases include:

Dogfish Head Chicory Stout
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Rogue Chocolate Stout
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
St. Peter's Old Style Porter
Oh man, I'll be stocking up on all of those!! WOW!! Looking good Peter.
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Always regretted not trying the Sam Smiths... and I can drink up the Rogue I was holding on to as well.

Excellent stuff, Peter.
In Beerum Veritas

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I hope it sucks - I won't be here to get any. hehe 8)

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Ah nuts. I hope there's other different stuff available. I know one of my friends is going to be happy about the Esprit ones. I may give the Dead Guy Ale a try and get a sample of the Chocolate Stout from my friend.
lister

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

They're all repeats but pretty good ones. I wish they'd get more variety in these seasonal releases but then again that means they could replace commonly ordered GOOD beers with rarely ordered CRAP ones...be careful what you wish for...

Oh and Lister...there likely won't be any cream ales in the Fall or winter release. They are typically the seasons of the "dark" beers. Don't be afraid of the dark.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Jon Walker wrote:Oh and Lister...there likely won't be any cream ales in the Fall or winter release. They are typically the seasons of the "dark" beers. Don't be afraid of the dark.
I'm not. I'll get to your other post soon... Work duty calls over a long retort.
lister

dhurtubise

Post by dhurtubise »

JerCraigs wrote:I hope it sucks - I won't be here to get any. hehe 8)

That means you can count on 5 bottles less for your sales Peter - depending on wether or not Jeremy finds someone to share :wink:

Just joshing you Jer.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Has the Fall Release ever been finalized? In any event, I spotted the following at Wilson and Dufferin yesterday:

- Propeller ESB
- Sam Smith Stout
- St. Peter's Old Style Porter

Presume these are all part of the new release. Particularly glad to see the Propeller.

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

Would that be Sam Smith's Imperial Stout or Oatmeal Stout?

Gary

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

midlife crisis wrote:Has the Fall Release ever been finalized? In any event, I spotted the following at Wilson and Dufferin yesterday:

- Propeller ESB
- Sam Smith Stout
- St. Peter's Old Style Porter

Presume these are all part of the new release. Particularly glad to see the Propeller.
That’s funny that you mention Propeller, because I was thinking about that yesterday. I remember the guy from Propeller posting on Bartowel months ago that their ESB was chosen. I just couldn’t remember if it was the fall or winter release.

I looked it up on the LCBO web site and there are not many places that have it yet. Although Brockville and Stratford do, which I don't understand. It better find its way to Kitchener or it looks like the wife and I are taking a drive to Stratford. I still haven’t tried the Stratford Pilsner, so a drive to Stratford does not sound all that bad.

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

I stoppped by my local "LC" this afternoon hoping to find some Urquell at best (not that there is anything wrong with that :wink: ) and was floored to see a large percentage of the Fall Release already on the shelves. I grabbed a Propeller ESB and a Rogue CS for future consumption. :lol:

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Sorry O.F., this is slightly unforgivable, I know, but I don't recall. I was in for some wine, and picked up the Propeller when I was pleasantly surprised to see it. I think it was the Oatmeal, but that's a guess.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I drank copious amounts of the Propellor ESB and Pale Ale last night. Mmmmmm...