Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Heritage Cask-Conditioned Lager

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DukeofYork = Richard

Heritage Cask-Conditioned Lager

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

Anyone tried this? Listed on the OCB website but no ratings on Ratebeer... sounds very intriguing.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

They only produce it for one Ottawa pub, the Mayflower on Queen St. I have not tasted it recently, but it was quite good a year ago.
"Every day above ground is a good one."

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I enjoyed the bottled Lager much more than the bottled Dark Ale on my recent sampling of Heritage's product. I'm not sure I've ever had a cask-conditioned lager before - is there any benefit of having that style of beer in cask form (and I do love good cask conditioned ales)? Anyone who has had both forms of this particular beer care to comment on similarities / differences?

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

This beer was removed from ratebeer as it was the cask version of the lager. They have a policy against posting separately for casks (except in the UK). As Perry said, it was interesting but not much more.