Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Granite Barley Wine

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Granite Barley Wine

Post by midlife crisis »

I noted a reference to this in one of Steve Beaumont's posts in another thread. I sent a note to Granite and apparently it is now available. Anyone tried it? I will stop in sometime soon for my own assessment but wondered if others might have had the chance. Sounds very promising.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Based on Mill Street's 2004 BW, I would be VERY interested. I found the 8-month-old MS version was really substantial and entertaining.

Granite is supposed to be THE hot poop now. For the sake of this thread, where are they for getting this BW?
Last edited by Belgian on Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

antirealist

Post by antirealist »

Granite is supposed to be hot poop now.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
For the sake of this thread, where are they for getting this BW?
The Granite Brewery is on Mount Pleasant at Eglington. I'm assuming the Barley Wine is available there.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Yes, I received a nice reply to my inquiry, stating that the Barley Wine is currently on tap at the Granite, at Mt. Pleasant and Eglinton.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Five years I live in Toronto and the Granite was as likely to make a new beer as the Raptors were likely to win a championship. Now the Granite is barrel-aging and making barley wines? What the hell is going on over there?

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Josh Oakes wrote:Five years I live in Toronto and the Granite was as likely to make a new beer as the Raptors were likely to win a championship. Now the Granite is barrel-aging and making barley wines? What the hell is going on over there?
Ron's just trying to one-up Kevin and his Pumpkin Ale...

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Josh Oakes wrote:... the Raptors were likely to win a championship....
Whoa there! Perhaps they can start by winning a Game!

Ok, don't want to post something non-beer related... I went the Granite for lunch with my family last weekend, and I didn't notice the Barley Wine, doh! So I enjoyed a pint of the Best Bitter Special, and the IPA, wonderful stuff... I'm attending the BeerBistro fest this weekend, so I suppose I'll try it then! Though I've normally not been too fond of Barley Wines, I've just been blown away by them... I'll try again though! One must soldier on....

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

The Barley wine is not on the menu but is available if you ask for it, its called Gin lane ale and it is very tasty (9% av)its priced at 4.50 for 8oz