Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Three new brews from Trafalgar at LCBO!?

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DAN-D-MAN

Three new brews from Trafalgar at LCBO!?

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

I went to Davisville LCBO tonight to pick up the Pump House Blueberry Ale as instructed on the main Bartowel page and bought myself a six-pack. Had one of them at the Sheppard Subway station while waiting for my bus... tasty stuff!

Anyway, the point of this post is that, while at Davisville, I noticed three new brews from Trafalgar which all have a theme called "The Pirate Festival - Weekends Aug 19 - Sept 4, 2006" and there's a website:
http://www.thepiratefestival.com

Looks like Trafalgar has concocted some specialty brews for this festival at Historic Fort York. Either that or they just renamed some of their existing brews.

The three brews are called Capt Mike's Gold, Arrgh!! Ale and St. Elmo's Fire. When the LCBO rep was unable to scan any of the UPC symbols on these 650ML bottles, he typed in the numbers manually and they showed up on my receipt as Harbour Gold, Elora Irish Ale and Paddy's Irish Red.

The Trafalgar website has no mention of these and the Pirate Festival website doesn't say anything about these brews except for a link to the Trafalgar website.

UPDATE: Upon further investigation, just below the UPC symbol of each bottle, it mentions the beer names like Harbour Gold, Paddy's and Elora.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Jeez. Trafalgar is getting as bad a Rogue with all of these rebrandings. :roll:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

DAN-D-MAN wrote:I went to Davisville LCBO tonight to pick up the Pump House Blueberry Ale as instructed on the main Bartowel page and bought myself a six-pack. Had one of them at the Sheppard Subway station while waiting for my bus...
See, what we need here is a good thread on Open Consumption of drink... a public act that (in Ontario) is a chargeable 'criminal' offense but in more civilized societies is simply handled with restraint and dignity, by THINKING INDIVIDUALS who aren't arbitrarily labelled as criminals for practicing a milleniae-old social tradition.

Because... it isn't 'open consumption' if those silly 'authorities' don't see it or can't visually prove it, right? Cheers!
In Beerum Veritas

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

GregClow wrote:Jeez. Trafalgar is getting as bad a Rogue with all of these rebrandings. :roll:
Let's not forget the lame-assed partisan relabeling of these same stale ales and lagers during 2 federal election campaigns... like voting by buying a certain relabled beer brand was "fun" ( read: hoser) thing to do during the election....like hoser voting :roll:

So totally inconsistant with the new marketing premise of the "brewer of Canada's strongest beers"??? :roll:

Well, the Bock was palatable and the critical mass was decent..perhaps there's a turn around here? :-?
Aventinus rules!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Belgian wrote:
DAN-D-MAN wrote:I went to Davisville LCBO tonight to pick up the Pump House Blueberry Ale as instructed on the main Bartowel page and bought myself a six-pack. Had one of them at the Sheppard Subway station while waiting for my bus...
See, what we need here is a good thread on Open Consumption of drink... a public act that (in Ontario) is a chargeable 'criminal' offense but in more civilized societies is simply handled with restraint and dignity, by THINKING INDIVIDUALS who aren't arbitrarily labelled as criminals for practicing a milleniae-old social tradition.

Because... it isn't 'open consumption' if those silly 'authorities' don't see it or can't visually prove it, right? Cheers!
You are being mass conditioned...do as you are told...consume and remain totally passive...um.. buzz.. click :wink:
Aventinus rules!