Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Verhaeghe Duchesse De Bourgogne

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pootz
Beer Superstar

Verhaeghe Duchesse De Bourgogne

Post by pootz »

Wow! Just tried this one and I like it way better than Rodenbach Gran Cru.

Complex, vinous, fruity with a sweet and sour character that makes it drinkable...first time I felt like having more than one Flemish sour red in a sitting.

Anyone seen this in Onterrible?? Any hope of seeing it?

I would think this Verhaeghe Flemish sour is so vinous it's a natural for a wine importer.
Aventinus rules!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I don't recall seeing it here but it's a regular listing in B.C.

I agree that it is preferable (to my palette anyway) to the Rodenbach Grand Cru.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I believe that Volo has it in stock. Or will soon, if they don't already.

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

Also a regular listing for the SAQ, picked one up last time I was in Montreal and can't wait to pick up a case next time I'm in Quebec.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Beerbistro just got the Duchesse De Bourgogne in last week...
8)

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

John Aitken wrote:Also a regular listing for the SAQ, picked one up last time I was in Montreal and can't wait to pick up a case next time I'm in Quebec.
This is where I picked up the 6 I'm cellaring now...I bought out the supply this small store had I wish they had more.
Aventinus rules!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

DAN-D-MAN wrote:Beerbistro just got the Duchesse De Bourgogne in last week...
8)
I don't suppose they have "off sales" :wink:
Aventinus rules!

dhurtubise

Post by dhurtubise »

Jon Walker wrote:I don't recall seeing it here but it's a regular listing in B.C.

I agree that it is preferable (to my palette anyway) to the Rodenbach Grand Cru.
wimps :wink: