Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Double Chocolate Cherry Stout Now Available

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Double Chocolate Cherry Stout Now Available

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Stout fans
the stout is now labeled and ready to go.
So we got our seasons a little delayed, but the beer is tasting most excellent. I only wore a bit of it while putting the labels on.
Prices are:
6-Pack $12.25
12-pack $22.75
24-Pack $43.25

Availability in the retail store only
Weekly store hours are posted daily 905-339-1037. They vary each day.
Saturday hours 10-3:30 (unless there is a special event or show going on)

Some of you have reserved cases, please remind me when you pick them up.

I will deliver a minimum of 4 cases to peoples houses if they prepay by credit card, give very good directions and set a time and date to recieve them. If there is no one home then i drop the cases off and leave.
(the Nutcracker caused me a great deal of repeat trips for people who were not home when they said they'd be). Unfortunately i don't have a great deal of time to do repeat deliveries.

I hope you enjoy the stout (even if we didn't get it out during the right season). Ah, to trudge a mile in my rubber boots!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you

Thanx & Cheers
Ken

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Hi Ken,

Do you have any way of getting cases easily to Ottawa? I know a few guys around here who would be interested in trying this and would be in for at least two cases.

Steve...

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I'm good for a case Ken..see ya Monday.

PS coming in from out of town it would be more reassuring to hear a human voice rather than some recorded message about everyone being out delivering beer. :wink:
Last edited by pootz on Sun May 13, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aventinus rules!

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

I'd asked for a case as well. Will try to get in Monday or Tuesday.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:
I will deliver a minimum of 4 cases to peoples houses if they prepay by credit card, give very good directions and set a time and date to recieve them. If there is no one home then i drop the cases off and leave.
(the Nutcracker caused me a great deal of repeat trips for people who were not home when they said they'd be).
...and anyone who will not be home when their beer is dropped off should let me know so I can watch over it (and make sure that each bottle is fine.)

PM me with details. Thanks!
In Beerum Veritas

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

BTW Ken the bottled version is a masterpiece. I wish I could try it on cask.
Aventinus rules!

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I ventured out for a case today (thanks, Ken, for being open on the holiday Monday!). This is outstanding stuff -- another exceptional seasonal from Black Oak.

AshleyUNOB

Post by AshleyUNOB »

Any chance of them being available in QC?
Secretary-General
The United Nations of Beer
www.theUNOB.com