Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Neustadt Decade Bitter

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pootz
Beer Superstar

Neustadt Decade Bitter

Post by pootz »

Had a chance to finally sample this. I was afraid it was all gone in draft sales but apparently they bottled a good supply.

After having sampled half a dozen of these over a few days I have to say that this is the best seasonal done by this brewer. The name may put some off but this ale is far from "bitter"...as a natter of fact I found it to be one of the best balanced ales I have tasted...combined with great malt presence, fruity esters from warmer fermenting and the wonderful earthy-spiciness of the fresh premo grade UK Fuggles, I was impressed...very drinkable and tasty...I got a couple of cases but I think these will go fast.

If anyone missed this at it's release in Dec. there is a limited supply left at the brewery in bottles.

Neustadt update:

New release of Big Dog Porter
A new batch of Big Dog Porter is out and I sampled some...new process with the mine aded at 3 differnt stages in the brewing process. This is the best batch yet IMHO and will actually improve and change to blend flavors in cellering ( say 3months to a year)

New tweeking to the lager recipe/process has the new Neustadt canned lager a tad darker in color, maltier, richer bodied, softer in carbonation and more like a fresh Bohemian.

Things are "hopping" up at Neustadt with the addition of a new brewer who came there from the UK mico industry, his specialty was cask ales :wink:
Last edited by pootz on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aventinus rules!

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I had a few pints at C'est What last week and was equally impressed. Chalk up another one for Neustadt.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Having a few of these tonight that I bought bottled from the brewery...got to say this is one of my favorite ales...the balance is spectacular...hope Andy decides to make some again but I'm not hopeful as the cost of these grade A UK Fuggles has gone through the roof....too bad....I really wish more towelers had the opportunity to try this excellent bitter.
Aventinus rules!