Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Muskoka Hefe-Weissbier

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Queef

Muskoka Hefe-Weissbier

Post by Queef »

picked up a six pack of this recently, and was fairly impressed. I enjoy the style, albeit, not supremely well versed in it (love the schnieder-weiss). From an Ontario brewery I was very impressed with this beer. Aside from the bananna nose and a refreshing hot weather taste, I don't know how to get all technical, other than I really liked this beer.
it's beer o'clock.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

I'm a fan of this as well - I'd rank it slightly above the bottled True North weiss.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Grabbed a sixer to go with tonight's camel burgers. Sounds like a good pairing.

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

Bobsy wrote:Grabbed a sixer to go with tonight's camel burgers. Sounds like a good pairing.
Camel burgers?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Illuminatus wrote:
Bobsy wrote:Grabbed a sixer to go with tonight's camel burgers. Sounds like a good pairing.
Camel burgers?
Yeah, you have to be adventurous my friend! Tasted like a cross between beef and venison. Paired better with the dead guy than the hefe, but what do you do?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Maybe if we go and eat all their camels those oil people will stop screwing us over gas prices.... ?
In Beerum Veritas

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

I agree... very tasty wheat beer!

And Camel Burger!? Seriously, where does one purchase this in the city?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Ah, you can pick it up at Whitehouse Meats in St. Lawrence Markey. A friend got a whole bunch in for a barbecue. Its kinda cool, but pretty expensive. The hefe, however, is top notch, and I look forward to having lots more of these this summer. Its light and crisp, and seems to be perfect for thirst quenching.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Camel burgers! I'm in.
I wanted to get some kangaroo, but couldn't convince others to try it.....they said anything else....so camel it is.
Gonna hit the market and see what they can do. Nice!

Oh - and if someone likes this better than the True North WW, I've got to give it a swirl.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

El Pinguino wrote:I wanted to get some kangaroo, but couldn't convince others to try it....
I had kangaroo at Meating several years ago. The cut was kind of like a tenderloin. Quite frankly if you didn't know it was kangaroo I think most people either wouldn't really notice the difference compared to beef or if they do, they'd probably think it was bison. It was a little leaner than beef, a little tighter and a little chewier. There wasn't much of a distinctive taste.
lister

Magni

Post by Magni »

speaking of odd foods, anyone know where you can get a emu egg?

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Hey freak food people! Change the title of the thread :D

I'm afraid the most exotic dead animals I have had are deer and bear...

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

tupalev wrote:Hey freak food people! Change the title of the thread :D

I'm afraid the most exotic dead animals I have had are deer and bear...
I had battered octopus brain in a Chinese restaurant once. It probably would have paired well with the barnyard funk of a saison.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Bobsy wrote:I had battered octopus brain in a Chinese restaurant once.
OK, I don't have a problem with eating the brain of an octopus, but beating the octopus first is just plain wrong.

<rimshot>

:wink:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Bison is gratifyingly meaty, like beef + venison X two. Forget those ultra-lame frozen buffalo burgers and make yourself some Maudite stew. (Google the word Carbonnade.)

I want game meats! Healthy butcher, my friends - of you can leagally kill and eat it they probably sell it.
In Beerum Veritas