Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Grand River Bumbleberry Wheat Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Grand River Bumbleberry Wheat Ale

Post by JesseM »

Picked up a 500mL bottle of this from the brewery today.

It's definitely something more tame for Grand River, but I think it worked out well. The berry aspects are more on the subtle side, and your typical Grand River malt profile shines through a lot. All in all a solid summer beer, just don't expect it to blow your mind.

By the way, the entire Grand River line-up is available in 500mL bottles now at the brewery. Good job Rob, on both this beer, and getting the bottle thing going. :)

sphilp

Post by sphilp »

yes, hopefully not to long before its at the lcbo, and the stout is released :)

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

http://news.therecord.com/News/article/409976

Article on the beer and the recent move to 500ml bottles, and well, other Grand River news in general...

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I think it's going on tap at The Rhino, as I heard the owner saying they are getting a "bumble-something".
Unfortunately, it's replacing Mill St's Raspberry and The Rhino isn't big on cleaning their lines.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

what stout is Grand River working on?

sphilp

Post by sphilp »

maybe rob can chime in with an update, but he mentioned to me a few months back that they were looking at making an imperial stout for this winter.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

that sounds like avery good idea to me. hopefully it happens

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

I got to try this yesterday at The Pheonix in Hamilton.....on one of their rotating taps right now. I definitely agree with Jesse and I was unexpectedly impressed. Very well balanced for a fruit based beer. The sweetness of the berry was not overwhelming, ample malts were present with really pleasant cereal notes near the end. I could totally session this, and I don't generally want to session a fruit beer. Nice.

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

Had it at the Judge on Friday and it was quite nice.