Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trafalgar Smoked Oatmeal Stout

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Trafalgar Smoked Oatmeal Stout

Post by Bytowner »

I'm on a bit of a Trafalgar/Elora trip at the moment since the past few beers I have had from them have been passable (no infection). Leftover stew tonight so I figured I'd give the smoked oatmeal stout a shot.

Surprisingly drinkable. Now the smoke flavour is very charcoaly/liquid, but it is most definitely there... big time. It's a bit on the thin side, like so many of their offerings, but I can look past it, especially since this one isn't as over-carbonated as alot of their stuff. It's a bit one-dimensional, but it's not horrible. Good on them for trying something exciting, and good on them for, let's hope, starting to work out their QC.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Bytowner wrote:I'm on a bit of a Trafalgar/Elora trip at the moment since the past few beers I have had from them have been passable (no infection). Leftover stew tonight so I figured I'd give the smoked oatmeal stout a shot.

Surprisingly drinkable. Now the smoke flavour is very charcoaly/liquid, but it is most definitely there... big time. It's a bit on the thin side, like so many of their offerings, but I can look past it, especially since this one isn't as over-carbonated as alot of their stuff. It's a bit one-dimensional, but it's not horrible. Good on them for trying something exciting, and good on them for, let's hope, starting to work out their QC.
wait two weeks and buy another bottle...

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

the new batch isnt as bad as last years. its still not great but there is more smoke for sure. not an oatmeal stout though!