Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Grand River Highballer Pumpkin Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Grand River Highballer Pumpkin Ale

Post by matt7215 »

Im enjoying my way through a growler of this one right now and I have to say that it is absolutly splendid!! By far the best pumkin ale Ive even had. For those of you that have access to this buy it soon or I'll have it all drank up!!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I definitely can't wait until tomorrow to indulge in plenty of this stuff. I loved it last year, I just hope it isn't all gone when I get there. Pumpkin Ales seem to have a tendency of disappearing and never coming back to our area :evil: *cough*St Amboise*cough*

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Terrific stuff. I prefer it slightly over the Great Lakes and by a fair margin over the St Ambroise.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I had some on tap and am sipping on a freshly filled bottle right now. Rob did well. This is at least as good as last years and of all the pumpkin ales available in this market the Highballer is the most warming and satisfying.
Aventinus rules!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Out of the 4 I tried this October (Grand River, Great Lakes, Post Road and St Ambroise) This was my favorite, with Great Lakes a close second.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Can't wait to get my hands on some....hope it's still available!