Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

St Peter's CREAM STOUT

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

St Peter's CREAM STOUT

Post by Belgian »

Wow!!

Seems much higher-gravity than a typical "regular stout", whatever that means... it's almost like an Imperial in some ways. It has a little more power and richness than I was expecting, while still having subtle nutty/toffee top notes on the finish (rather than the almost soya sauce-like qualities of some Imperials.). It seems really well put together & fresh like it is unpasteurized.

Need more. Now.
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I enjoyed this last night.

Quite creamy and lactic with good coffee and dark chocolate in the finish, preceded by milk chocolate and anise. I also didn't realize it was 6.5% until I felt a bit of a glow after having two bottles. Ahh well, I need to get more.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I also thought this was a good beer when I had it a couple of nights ago. Its a really well-made stout and I enjoyed the fuller body that you would expect of an imperial, but with a more moderate ABV.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I absolutely love their winter, so I was really looking forward to this one. I was a little underwhelmed, but it's certainly very drinkable for its weight.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

My thoughts exactly Belgian. It did indeed have an 'Imperial' quality with a surprising coffee'esque bitterness. Interesting stuff, though I would have like a little more sweetness.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

This brew had one of the best mouths to it of any single stout I have tasted...absolute silk. The heavier body added to this and that can result from adding toasted flaked barley....at any rate the mouth feel on this stout is full bodied and silky smooth in delivery. You normally expect this in an imperial.
Last edited by pootz on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aventinus rules!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

This is the biggest surprise of the Fall release for me. Im actually purchasing more of this brew the the SS Imp Stout which surprises me. I love the mouthfeel and the roasted malt flavour is better the most stouts. I wish this one was a year-rounder